Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Matt Damon is disappointed in Obama

posted by Susan Johnson

Not surprising since Obama hasn’t done too much:

“Politics is compromise,” says the actor, who campaigned hard for Barack Obama. But Damon feels his candidate has compromised too much. “I’m disappointed in the health care plan and in the troop buildup in Afghanistan. Everyone feels a little let down because, on some level, people expected all their problems to go away. But real change comes from everyday people. You can’t wait for a leader.”

It’s amazing how naive he sounds. You’d think he would have learned this lesson by now. The upside to the Obama election is that now naive people like Damon understand that the solution to our problems doesn’t come from political leaders, they don’t have the ability to solve our problems without creating others. I’m glad the electorate has gained wisdom from this experience :-)

kelly

posted March 1, 2010 at 1:46 pm

…Damon is disappointed that Obama hasn’t pushed a Liberal agenda ENOUGH !!! He is no way on the same level as you – who wants Obama to fail outright. It’s funny that you have this little superiority complex- you are just oh,so wise – when your GOP leaders screwed this country to no end and you failed to see it. Leaders can solve our problems because leaders write legislation. The problem is that Obama has had to work with some of the worst obstructionists in the history of our country. In the past 11 months, the number of filibusters or threat of a filibuster has TRIPLED. And guess what Michele, you say Obama has done nothing? He saved our country from a depression. The recovery act is what saved our country and every economists will attest to that. Plus, let us add the fact that women can no longer be discriminated against with respect to equal pay as men, if you made minimum wage in January 2010 you made a little bit more money to feed your family — Obama has done quite a lot with the crappy “no solutions” GOP obstructionists. AND he is trying to fix the dysfunctional healthcare system without adding to the deficit. Something your leaders failed to do when they had 6 years of unfettered power…

Maria

posted March 2, 2010 at 1:58 am

Kelly, how smart you are and condescending I may add. I pray for Pres. Obabma so that he receives appropriate guidance and makes the right decisions. I may not know enough about politics, but it seems you are being way too defensive. So far we haven’t seen any improvements with the government and we can’t allow the liberals to take over or they will give this country the final blow. Let’s look at the man, the president and what he is doing in office, is he leading us in the right direction, or is he being led? At this point it doesn’t matter what the leaders failed to do, what matters is that we move forward. It is wrong to divide people into parties if we are to work together towards a common goal, like,life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Let me warn you that if the Obama crowd insist on being militant for the rest of his term it’s going to cause serious damage to everyone, so lighten up a little and let the man do his job.

georgia

posted March 2, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Taking this job was like walking into a minefield in the dark, I think people forget that not very long ago economic collapse was almost a reality and it still very possible. Who could do any better with the republicans than Obama does? Yes, he has to give in much more than he had hoped but baby steps apply here.

Henrietta22

posted March 3, 2010 at 11:24 am

Real change comes from patience while you wait for your leader to lead. People are projecting their own fears and anxieties onto every proposal President Obama and his administration makes, this helps no one, especially the projectors.

Henrietta22

posted March 3, 2010 at 11:36 am

Kelly posts a good picture with a little spice that doesn’t hurt anyone. Maria you sound like a recording of the GOP. Liberal this, liberal that, and the mere word sends you conservatives running after the obstructionists like little lambs going home. Wake up they, the GOP, have been in leadership for so many years they have come to the conclusion they rule everyone in America and nobody can do it better than they can. If it was so good then why are we in the state of confusion our country is in? Not because they were good stewards, surely.

anonymous reincarnate

posted March 5, 2010 at 3:27 am

keep on posting in your own way, kelly. you peeps need to keep michele grounded in reality, lest she be off in that conservative wonderland with all the faux news and right-wing blogs that she fills her head with. keep reminding these folks that there IS an alternate view, patriotic and liberal and sane. they don’t own this country.

Karen Whitaker

posted March 7, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Les

posted March 8, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Karen,
Your comment is worse than pathetic. You do your side of the political aisle no favors with comments like that. And Republicans are supposed to be the party of hate?
I wonder if those who share your political views will condemn your malicious statement.

Karen Whitaker

posted March 10, 2010 at 1:34 am

You do realize that I am a Republican, and that as a believer in the glorious power of Lucifer and Satan, Michelle’s return to Our Lord is the best of all good things?

Les

posted March 10, 2010 at 11:21 am

Karen, it matters not what party you claim to affiliate with. Your wish for someone to die is still pathetic and yet speaks volumes.

Karen Whitaker

posted March 11, 2010 at 7:48 am

“For me to live is Christ, to die is gain.” You don’t believe your own Bible, of course.

Les

posted March 11, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Karen, I actually do believe the bible. Know it fairly well.
But your first comment, “We all praise Lord Satan for his wonderful works through Michelle. Surely she will go home to Satan soon.”
…jibes not with this last comment of yours. Maybe you could explain how these two comments fit together, biblically.

Karen

posted March 12, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Les

posted March 13, 2010 at 9:26 am

Karen,
Ok. Now it is crystal clear. You are speaking of things you you do not know.
FYI, I do not fear death precisely because I do believe in my Savior. Satan is defeated. Victory over death is certain.
Would that you would seek redemption in Christ. I pray that you do.

Brian

posted March 13, 2010 at 10:47 am

I always find it interesting when supposed people of faith make comments like, “I hope _______ dies!” Or, when they make judgments about other people’s motives and make comments like, “We all praise Lord Satan for his wonderful works through Michelle. Surely she will go home to Satan soon.”
Making such statements is not in keeping with most of the fundamental messages in the Bible. In fact the very stance of the religious majority is quite a contradiction to the Bibles teachings. Didn’t Jesus teach tolerance? What about caring for your fellow man? Helping the less fortunate? How about being a steward of your community? Or even the planet? What about making these types of judgments of others? Doesn’t the Bible say: Luke 6:37-42 [37] “Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. [42] How can you say to your brother, `Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
The truth, when boiled down is very simple. Fear mongering and individual greed are fueling all of the right wings arguments regarding this current administration. TRUE Christians see the value in universal health care. TRUE Christians should support stewardship of our lands and the care of our children. TRUE Christians seek an end to poverty for all in this nation. TRUE Christians seek a means to coexist with all groups and faiths secure in the knowledge that God will make his judgment when that time is at hand. All those claiming to be Christian… Ask yourself, if Jesus were to return today, what would he think about the millions of families who are left in ruin by medical bills and lack of insurance? What would he think about what we have done to this planet in the name of progress and profit? What would he think about or treatment of the poor?
In that context I feel that Jesus would be pleased with the efforts of this administration… Have they gotten it all right? No… But they are trying, which is more that I can say about the so called right wing, conservative, GOP…

stardelta7

posted March 18, 2010 at 12:16 am

I think it is wonderful that we as a people now can really have a voice since President Obama was elected. Remember the years prior to his election very few people were weighing in on anything and we were steady getting our behinds kicked. We and President Obama have an uphill battle to climb and fight I do not think it gets done over night and it sure as heck did not happen over night. We have to wake up and help our country and our President to move forward. All I am hearing from people right now is How Bad it is, excuse me How bad will you acknowledge it was before President Obama took office. We had a voice prior to President Obama and exactly how many of us did what to let people know, come up with ideas and solutions. Yep you are sooooo right not many. We need to continue to pray for all of us, our country and our president because we are in it together and it is not the time to go backwards. We have already been there, done that and got enough t-shirts to pass around. Matt Damon so what he is no more than you or I glad he can talk. May God bless us all and forgive us as well.

jack sprat

posted August 13, 2010 at 3:12 am

Karen wrote:
” I don’t have to explain the Bible. I don’t claim to believe it. But you and Michelle do. If you believed in your own Savior, you would not fear death–just the pain of your last days in this human form. ”
Wrong, grasshopper, and easily proven so. One of Jesus’ closest disciples is known as ‘Doubting Thomas’. Even in the presence of the Son, Faith, a belief in that which is beyond proof, is a fragile thing. Death is the ultimate mystery, to believer and unbeliever alike, dread of the unknown a constant lurker, if not companion.
As for the fear of pain, it is not nearly so universal, as most people fear the known far less than they do the unfamiliar. The reality of pain is another matter entirely, beyond a point that varies with the individual, whereas death often finds an open door.
Many of the faithful find succor in their faith, but we are no legion of superheroes made somehow immune thereby.

Wenexpamype

posted September 19, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Cool flash games. Don’t miss!!!

WaypeDoolla

posted February 28, 2011 at 2:02 pm

free shemale toons adult dating myanmar free adult dating harrisburg ohio adult dating web sites rating adult dating site of india adult sex dating in nicholson mississippi online adult dating chat adult dating in amistad new mexico virtual adult dating game

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Reformed Chicks Babbling. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 3:05:14pm Aug. 27, 2012 | read full post »

One Final Word
My dear friend Michele slipped into eternity on Wednesday, February 1.   She was a remarkable woman who left a legacy of faith, determination, and love. For three years she courageously battled the ovarian cancer that eventually robbed her of her life.  A few days before she died, one of her docto

posted 8:43:41pm Feb. 10, 2012 | read full post »

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
My husband told me that there are rumors that I've died. I'm happy to report that I'm still very much alive. My cancer has gone to stage four but we are controlling it with chemo, the cancer numbers are currently in the normal range. I've stopped blogging to concentrate on my daughters and writing a

posted 7:07:55pm Aug. 23, 2010 | read full post »

An update and a prayer request
Several people have asked about Michele's condition, and have promised to pray for her. On her behalf, I thank you for that. I spoke with her a little while ago, and she asked that I come here and tell you what's going on, and to ask you to pray for her. She isn't able to post here herself right

posted 4:55:36pm Apr. 06, 2010 | read full post »

Rest in peace, Internet Monk.
A man known in the cyber world as The Internet Monk, has died. Michael Spencer lost his battle with cancer tonight. My prayers go out for his family and for all those who loved and will miss him. :(

posted 11:52:00pm Apr. 05, 2010 | read full post »