Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Reformed Chicks Blabbing

posted by Susan Johnson

I wanted to let you guys know that I appreciate your prayers and comments concerning the return of my cancer. It has been very difficult to deal with the knowledge that a deadly disease is trying to end my life. I keep thinking of the movie (and episode of Law and Order) where the protagonist is poisoned and knows he’s going to die but fights to find his killer. I’m hopping that it will end happily with a cure (like the Monk series finale) but who knows? It is disconcerting to realize that I might not make it to next Christmas. It’s seriously impacted how I view my life.
I’ve been asking my family and friends to pray for peace for me as I struggle through this process. The only way I’ve been able to get through Christmas, after Christmas shopping, church, family celebrations, and people wishing me a “Happy New Year!” is by clinging to God and putting my trust in him. Otherwise I’d be a basket case, in constant panic mode and crying all the time.
I fight to stay positive but it’s hard. Before I knew that the cancer had returned, I started reading cancer memoirs (sad that there is this whole genre associated with the disease). I had just checked out Gilda Radner’s and Liz Tilberis’ memoirs to see what their experience was like but I decided to return them after I learned my cancer was back. Both woman died from ovarian cancer and that’s hitting a little too close to home for me right now, I’m just not strong enough to handle that. I’m currently reading David Horowitz’s The End of Time (I’ll let you know what I thought about it when I finish it), I decided to finish it because he takes a different approach to the genre and he survived so I figured it wouldn’t be too depressing to read.
I’m also reading Michael Horton’s Too Good to Be True which he wrote to help those who have to struggle through trials. I’ll let you know if it helps :-)

Michael

posted December 29, 2009 at 12:04 pm

I’m sorry you have to go through this.
I’ll be praying for a quick recovery for you.
-Michael

Just Guessing

posted December 29, 2009 at 7:43 pm

A friend of mine who was battling cancer found the book “Love, Medicine and Miracles” by Bernie Siegel helpful

Robert R.

posted December 29, 2009 at 11:47 pm

I have had way too much personal experience with cancer. My parents were once told I had 6 months to live. That was 45 years ago. It hasn’t been easy, but it’s been worth it. Maybe, just maybe, you are the exception to all those rules you have been hearing about how cancer works. I pray you are.

Alice

posted December 30, 2009 at 5:44 pm

I’m so sorry Michele. My mom had ovarian cancer and fought it for 4 years.
You can always e-mail me if you’d like to talk. I’m praying for you.

bird

posted January 1, 2010 at 1:12 am

Dear Michele,
I’m praying for your health and complete recovery, and for many more happy years with your family.
Blessings,
Bird

Holy

posted January 2, 2010 at 2:54 am

Wow thats sounds fantastic,I remember how excited I was to see the next post from you after your last post.Hope life is treating you well, with no worries, do take care of yourself, thanks.

Karen Whitaker

posted January 3, 2010 at 11:51 pm

I am confused. If you die, don’t you go to eternal bliss in Heaven? Aren’t you predestined to it? Sure, you would be concerned about your husband and children and want to participate in their life events–but are you saying you don’t really believe in your eternal salvation?

Gerard Nadal

posted January 7, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Michele,
FIGHT LIKE A LIONESS!!! Then, rest in the Lord and trust in His providence, love and mercy. Wherever this fight leads you, God’s love and grace will be before you, behind you, and all about you. You have my sincerest best wishes, love and prayers.

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Reformed Chicks Babbling. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 3:05:14pm Aug. 27, 2012 | read full post »

One Final Word
My dear friend Michele slipped into eternity on Wednesday, February 1.   She was a remarkable woman who left a legacy of faith, determination, and love. For three years she courageously battled the ovarian cancer that eventually robbed her of her life.  A few days before she died, one of her docto

posted 8:43:41pm Feb. 10, 2012 | read full post »

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
My husband told me that there are rumors that I've died. I'm happy to report that I'm still very much alive. My cancer has gone to stage four but we are controlling it with chemo, the cancer numbers are currently in the normal range. I've stopped blogging to concentrate on my daughters and writing a

posted 7:07:55pm Aug. 23, 2010 | read full post »

An update and a prayer request
Several people have asked about Michele's condition, and have promised to pray for her. On her behalf, I thank you for that. I spoke with her a little while ago, and she asked that I come here and tell you what's going on, and to ask you to pray for her. She isn't able to post here herself right

posted 4:55:36pm Apr. 06, 2010 | read full post »

Rest in peace, Internet Monk.
A man known in the cyber world as The Internet Monk, has died. Michael Spencer lost his battle with cancer tonight. My prayers go out for his family and for all those who loved and will miss him. :(

posted 11:52:00pm Apr. 05, 2010 | read full post »