Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Obama signs bill allowing loaded guns into national parks

posted by Susan Johnson

So, who knew Obama would be such a pro-gun president? Everyone is out buying guns because they think he’s going to confiscate them but here he is signing a bill that allows gun owners with carry permits to carry loaded guns into national parks:

Obama signed the bill despite a controversial clause inserted in the legislation by allies of the gun lobby group National Rifle Association.
The language permits gun owners to carry concealed weapons in national parks, a rule which gun control advocates complain threatens public safety.

BTW, for those complaining about the credit card part of this bill :-) that it means higher fees for those who pay on time, just cancel the card. That’s what I intend to do.

Robert R.

posted May 22, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Ooh. And maybe now we can have gun shows in national parks, where the fees for tent camping will be cheaper than motels and everybody can make more money!!

Moonshadow

posted May 22, 2009 at 10:28 pm

I like Robert R’s first comment.
I can’t find/recall the NPR bit I listened to on Thursday afternoon, but the guest offered that canceling a card adversely affects one’s credit score which is based on the ratio of balance to total credit line. What canceling a card does to the ratings of customers who pay in full on time each month, I don’t know.
Anyway, this could be a good excuse to take an inventory and pare back.

Robert R.

posted May 22, 2009 at 11:01 pm

“What’s the reason this wasn’t already permitted? State vs. federal land thing? Seems strange in the first place.”
Maybe somebody thought people would rather look at Bambi than gun him down. It was all so 1940′s.

Moonshadow

posted May 22, 2009 at 11:05 pm

people would rather look at Bambi than gun him down.
Concealed weapons used for hunting?

Charles Cosimano

posted May 22, 2009 at 11:22 pm

It would seem that the forces of gun control have not only been beaten back, they are besieged in their sewers.

Robert R.

posted May 23, 2009 at 12:13 am

“Concealed weapons used for hunting?”
People, apparently.

jestrfyl

posted May 23, 2009 at 1:00 am

Politics is a never ending game of trade-offs. I think it is utter foolishness to have unrelated Bills attached to each other. But sometimes it takes a bitter syrup to allow the larger therapeutic relief. In this case the Credit Card bill is therapeutic and the gun bill is bitter – to the point of being toxic. I have NO IDEA why anyone needs to carry a concealed weapon into a National Park. It’s not like the Parks are high crime areas (though that may change now!) This will last until some idiot shoots a fellow visitor, a ranger, or one of the animals.
I hope the credit card relief is worth the cost.

Robert R.

posted May 23, 2009 at 1:09 am

Well, now when you buy your concealed weapon for that Yellowstone vacation, you can pay for it with a “consumer-friendly” credit card. Probably this is an economic stimulus for Smith & Wesson.

Rolf

posted May 23, 2009 at 5:59 pm

Let’s face it. Times they is tuff. Thet’s why we need vittles. If’n we carry our firearms concealatory wise into national parks, then whin we shoot our vittles the city slickers won’t be a’knowin’ we has them. And thet way they ain’t be takin’ our food away from us when we shoot Smokey the Bear and Bambi the Deer and wascally wabbits. Also, if’n somebody tries to take our fude away from us, we can shoot they real easy if we don’t have to shoot they with a rifle. We can use our concealified wepuns. Signed, a Orthodox Presbiterian Hunterer.

Karen Whitaker

posted May 23, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Let me be the first to congratulate you, Rolf, on your graduation from Westminster. Obviously you have attained their doctoral degree.

Penny Musco

posted May 24, 2009 at 9:37 pm

I don’t know who worry about more–the national park visitors, the park rangers or the wildlife…

anonymous reincarnate

posted May 25, 2009 at 2:44 am

“who knew Obama would be such a pro-gun president”
clearly not you

Bernard T.

posted July 14, 2009 at 1:20 pm

I’m relieved to hear that it’s now okay to carry a concealed handgun into our national parks.
Your right to self-defense doesn’t disappear just because you’re visiting a tax boondoggle.

Pingback: Has Obama done ANYTHING as president? - Page 5 - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Pingback: Rand Paul Endorses Gun Campaign, While Media Points Gun At Obama’s Head : govtslaves.info

Phil C.

posted May 11, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I agree with Bernard T. There have been murders in national parks. It’s too bad that the murder victims were not allowed to defend themselves. (As is the case in many other places}
I am a Peace officer, and I support responsible firearm concealed carry. Every U.S. citizen has the right to defend themselves. The government can’t do EVERYTHING for you.

Pingback: Eyes open on Ammo Legislation - Page 2

June Gelahart

posted October 15, 2012 at 11:53 am

He had to sign that bill because it contained the goodies he wanted as well.

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Reformed Chicks Babbling. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 3:05:14pm Aug. 27, 2012 | read full post »

One Final Word
My dear friend Michele slipped into eternity on Wednesday, February 1.   She was a remarkable woman who left a legacy of faith, determination, and love. For three years she courageously battled the ovarian cancer that eventually robbed her of her life.  A few days before she died, one of her docto

posted 8:43:41pm Feb. 10, 2012 | read full post »

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
My husband told me that there are rumors that I've died. I'm happy to report that I'm still very much alive. My cancer has gone to stage four but we are controlling it with chemo, the cancer numbers are currently in the normal range. I've stopped blogging to concentrate on my daughters and writing a

posted 7:07:55pm Aug. 23, 2010 | read full post »

An update and a prayer request
Several people have asked about Michele's condition, and have promised to pray for her. On her behalf, I thank you for that. I spoke with her a little while ago, and she asked that I come here and tell you what's going on, and to ask you to pray for her. She isn't able to post here herself right

posted 4:55:36pm Apr. 06, 2010 | read full post »

Rest in peace, Internet Monk.
A man known in the cyber world as The Internet Monk, has died. Michael Spencer lost his battle with cancer tonight. My prayers go out for his family and for all those who loved and will miss him. :(

posted 11:52:00pm Apr. 05, 2010 | read full post »