Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Joe Biden reveals VP hidden bunker location

posted by Susan Johnson

Well, Biden has outdid himself this time. This is one gaffe that might just get him killed. He just revealed the location he might have to go to if his life is threatened.

According to a report, while recently attending the Gridiron Club dinner in Washington, an annual event where powerful politicians and media elite get a chance to cozy up to one another, Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.
The bunker is believed to be the secure, undisclosed location former Vice President Dick Cheney remained under protection in secret after the 9/11 attacks.
[...]
According to Clift’s report on the Newsweek blog, Biden “said a young naval officer giving him a tour of the residence showed him the hideaway, which is behind a massive steel door secured by an elaborate lock with a narrow connecting hallway lined with shelves filled with communications equipment.”
Clift continued: “The officer explained that when Cheney was in lock down, this was where his most trusted aides were stationed, an image that Biden conveyed in a way that suggested we shouldn’t be surprised that the policies that emerged were off the wall.”
On Monday, Biden’s press office issued a statement in response to this story, denying the bunker report.
“What the Vice President described in his comments was not — as some press reports have suggested — an underground facility, but rather, an upstairs workspace in the residence, which he understood was frequently used by Vice President Cheney and his aides,” said Biden’s spokesperson Elizabeth Alexander. “That workspace was converted into an upstairs guestroom when the Bidens moved into the residence. There was no disclosure of classified information.”

OK, so they took out the steel doors and communications equipment and made it into a quest room? Why would Cheney put a steel door on a workspace? What did they do with the steel door when they turned it into an office? Inquiringly minds want to know.
All I have to say is: Please Lord do not let anything happen to Obama and please don’t let Obama tell this guy anything that could harm our nation or the president.
(via)

Dean

posted May 18, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Any doubts about Joe Biden being a blithering are now completely dispelled.

Dean

posted May 18, 2009 at 9:31 pm

oops! I forgot “idiot” in my last comment.

MzEllen

posted May 18, 2009 at 9:42 pm

Dean, I thought maybe it was an (insert noun here) moment.

Robert R.

posted May 18, 2009 at 9:49 pm

I used to pray for Bush and before him Reagan, but I will also pray fervently for Obama!
It’s always possible that this leak was in some way intentional, just as some of the last President’s moves could have made sense in ways that are not obvious. After all, George W. Bush really did turn out to be a uniterer, not a dividifier.

Michele McGinty

posted May 18, 2009 at 9:51 pm

“Michele, I appreciate your concern for President Obama’s health and safety. It underlines the fact that you can disagree with him politically (that whole “vigorous debate” thing) and still respect the office and pray for the person in that office.”
MzEllen, I do respect the office and believe that our president should be treated with respect but we can disagree with him and state it on our blogs. It is not my job to be his cheerleader and it’s my patriotic duty to disagree with him when he’s wrong (isn’t that what the lefties have been staying for years — lefites, don’t make me get the video of Clinton’s screech to prove it :-)
And btw, I don’t think that it’s right that when he is invited to speak people were trying to get him to be disinvited. It’s rude to disinvite the president to any function. If they attempted to do this to Bush, I would have been outraged. I believe in the first amendment, let him speak.

MzEllen

posted May 18, 2009 at 10:03 pm

I also believe that it is good that he was allowed to speak. I do, however, think that the honorary degree was not such a good idea, since it went directly against the American Bishops’ decision.

Anton C.

posted May 18, 2009 at 10:17 pm

Yes, unless terrorists have a time machine this is a non-issue. What a ridiculous post!

Julie

posted May 18, 2009 at 11:16 pm

The link Michele provided included a denial by Biden. I am sure if Biden disclosed the actual location, Cheney will be on all the talk shows.
Crossed Wires About VP Hide-Out

Michele McGinty

posted May 19, 2009 at 12:14 am

Charles Cosimano

posted May 19, 2009 at 12:50 am

Considering that it is really unlikely that any terrorist organization will be able to get a weapon both powerful enough and accurate enough at the same to hit and destroy the bunker, they can put a neon sign and McDonald’s style arches over it announcing it and it will not be any less safe.

Julie

posted May 19, 2009 at 2:15 am

Michele McGinty May 19, 2009 12:14 AM
“Um…I included the remarks from Biden’s office. Weren’t these the same people who “clarified” Biden’s swine flu comments. Yeah, they’re believable. I find it humorous that the article you linked to slimes lefty Eleanor Clift the way that they did, calling her a blogger and inferring that she embellished the quote. ”
At this point all Michele has is gossip. As I said before, if the story is true the Republicans will be all over it. The story was published on Friday, but I have not seen anything that verifies the story is true. Time will tell, but at this point a premature judgment has been made.

anonymous reincarnate

posted May 19, 2009 at 2:27 am

if this is the bunker… because i’m sure that there’s only one secret bunker, right? isn’t cheney still hiding there?
you have to ask why cheney would install steel doors on anything? he clearly has paranoid tendencies and no claim like this surprises me in the least.
“It underlines the fact that you can disagree with him politically (that whole ‘vigorous debate’ thing) and still respect the office and pray for the person in that office.”
ha! no. it underlines the fact that there’s at least one person that she dislikes more than obama – joe biden (and add to that list the third in line, pelosi). way to respect the office.
btw ellen, thanks for staying consistent and ignoring the personal name calling when it’s one you agree with.

DC

posted May 19, 2009 at 8:59 am

From today’s Washington Post:
FoxNews.com ran with the [bunker] story and chided Biden for “divulging potentially classified information meant to save the life of a sitting vice president” and speculated it was part of a long-rumored underground construction project.
However: The veep’s office said yesterday that he simply described an upstairs workspace that was converted into a guestroom when the Bidens moved in. No security gaffe — at least that’s what they’re telling us. In fact, it’s long been reported that Cheney used a Cold War-era bunker in Pennsylvania as his undisclosed location.

JanS

posted May 19, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Yes, Joe Biden might be little loose with the lips but to my knowledge he has never divulged priviledged information that has been entrusted to him over the last 30 years. Seriously did anyone think there would not be a bunker beneath VP living quarters? It was known for quite sometime there was constrution going at the residence during Cheney’s tenure, so I don’t think any “secret” was let out of the bag. We all certainly know about the “secret” bunker beneath the White House, don’t we?

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Reformed Chicks Babbling. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 3:05:14pm Aug. 27, 2012 | read full post »

One Final Word
My dear friend Michele slipped into eternity on Wednesday, February 1.   She was a remarkable woman who left a legacy of faith, determination, and love. For three years she courageously battled the ovarian cancer that eventually robbed her of her life.  A few days before she died, one of her docto

posted 8:43:41pm Feb. 10, 2012 | read full post »

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
My husband told me that there are rumors that I've died. I'm happy to report that I'm still very much alive. My cancer has gone to stage four but we are controlling it with chemo, the cancer numbers are currently in the normal range. I've stopped blogging to concentrate on my daughters and writing a

posted 7:07:55pm Aug. 23, 2010 | read full post »

An update and a prayer request
Several people have asked about Michele's condition, and have promised to pray for her. On her behalf, I thank you for that. I spoke with her a little while ago, and she asked that I come here and tell you what's going on, and to ask you to pray for her. She isn't able to post here herself right

posted 4:55:36pm Apr. 06, 2010 | read full post »

Rest in peace, Internet Monk.
A man known in the cyber world as The Internet Monk, has died. Michael Spencer lost his battle with cancer tonight. My prayers go out for his family and for all those who loved and will miss him. :(

posted 11:52:00pm Apr. 05, 2010 | read full post »