Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Reformed Chicks Blabbing

A Living Sanctuary For Obama

posted by Susan Johnson

So, here’s a little idol worshiping for my lefty readers:The song playing in the background is a spiritual which was originally song to Jesus (you can find the rest of the words here):

Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary, pure and holy, tried and true. With thanksgiving, I’ll be a living sanctuary for You.

Here’s the updated version from the video:

“Love prepare me to be a sanctuary, pure and holy tried and true. With thanksgiving, I’ll be a living sanctuary for you.”

I wonder if Obama’s disciples will rip off all our Christian hymns? How about, “A Mighty Fortress is our Barack?” Or “The Solid Barack?” Or “A Barack that Stands Forever?” Or “All Hail the Power of Obama’s Name?” I could do this all day :-) The possibilities are endless, there’s 2,000 years worth of songs sung to our Savior to rip off.To my Republican brethren, play the video and let the words “President Barack Obama” drive you to do more to make sure McCain gets elected. Don’t let the smiling, happy people from the video stop you from doing all that you can to ensure that the messiah isn’t elected. They may be smiling now but Biden’s promised them they won’t be in six months.(via)Update: OK, one more, I thought of this one while I was driving in my car: Barack of Ages, Clef for Me. Can’t believe I forgot that one!

Gary

posted October 21, 2008 at 10:01 am

Truly a scary video… Lord, save us from this self-made messiah.

Jennifer

posted October 21, 2008 at 10:04 am

This is a mockery of a beautiful song and sad representation of a mere mortal man saving humanity in our country. Jesus IS the only “change” that can “save” us all.

Francis Williams

posted October 21, 2008 at 10:33 am

Don’t go away angry, just go away!!!!

yelladawgNC

posted October 21, 2008 at 10:54 am

You must understand that after eight years of the worst president in history and 12 years of a Republican controlled Congress, endless war, economic meltdown, home foreclosures, rising unemployment, falling salaries, corporate welfare, bankruptcies and the loss of America’s honor and standing in the world, Obama just might look like a savior (notice I did not say THE Savior) to a lot of people.
Besides, I sing hymns about Bush all the time. My favorite is a gospel number, “Got to Keep the Devil Down in the Hole.”
The important thing to keep in mind here is that Obama doesn’t take himself seriously and in fact pokes fun at the whole idea that he was, as rumor has it, “born in a manger.” No, he said recently at the Al Smith dinner, “I was born on Krypton.” If you want a glimpse of the real Barack Obama and a lot of laughs, watch this:

yelladawgNC

posted October 21, 2008 at 11:06 am

Michele, why have you not posted my response? It was squarely on topic, including the link.

anonymous reincarnate

posted October 21, 2008 at 11:24 am

yelladawgNC, please repost it, remove the http : / / part.

yelladawgNC

posted October 21, 2008 at 12:30 pm

Thanks, A-R. I’ll try to reconstruct it:
What Republicans need to understand is that after eight years of the worst president in history, an endless war, an economic meltdown, foreclosures, rising unemployment, bankruptcies, corporate welfare, an energy policy controlled by Big Oil, lies, lies and more lies and the loss of America’s honor and standing in the world, Barack Obama cannot help but look like a savior to many people (notice I said “a” savior, not THE Savior).
Besides, I sing hymns about Bush all the time. My favorite is an old Gospel tune: “Got to Keep the Devil Down in the Hole.”
The important thing to know is that Obama does not take HIMSELF seriously and in fact enjoys poking fun at this whole idea. As he said recently, contrary to rumor he “was not born in a manger.” No, he was “born on Krypton.” For a glimpse of the real man and some good laughs (don’t know about you but I can use all the laughter I can get these days), go to:
(If the link doesn’t work just go to YouTube and search for Obama at Al Smith dinner.)

Scruffy

posted October 21, 2008 at 12:48 pm

When I hear Palin and McCain rant and rave about Obama, i think of the old blues song, “God Don’t Like No Ugly (so boy, your home’s in Hell)”
When Palin starts to act like a Christian, I will think of her as one. McCain said once he would rather win a war than win an election, well he has declared war on America and it’s Godly principles trying to win this election. What ever happen to Truth, Honesty and Integrity?

Ben

posted October 21, 2008 at 1:47 pm

Matthew 24: 23-25
At that time if anyone says to you, “Look, here is the Christ! or, “There he is!” do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect-if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time.

DRYSIDECOUG

posted October 21, 2008 at 1:50 pm

“lies, lies and more lies and the loss of America’s honor and standing in the world” says yelladawgNC.
Sure will be a great world when the illegal contributions to Barack’s campaign are made public. Which they will. Sure will be a great world when we withdraw from Iraq and the Militant Islamic forces once again can fuel their terrorist plots with confidence we will not interfere. Sure will be a great world when William Ayers is invited to the White House to “share policy” with Barack. Sure will be a great world when Barack’s lies, lies and more lies leads to the loss of America’s honor and standing in the world.

EG

posted October 21, 2008 at 2:48 pm

Shame on you for being a liar.

yelladawgNC

posted October 21, 2008 at 2:52 pm

Oh, right. Do you think for one millisecond that if there were big illegal contributions to Obama’s campaign, McCain’s people would not have been on it like flies on doo-doo?
And isn’t it about bloody time the Iraqis ran their own country? We went over there ostensibly to find WMD’s. There weren’t any. Bush declared “Mission Accomplished” wearing his Halloween costume flight suit. We stayed. Then we had to hunt down Hussein and see that he was executed. We did and he was. Then the rationale shifted to “We’re in Iraq to help them establish democracy and hold elections.” They did. We stayed. As predicted by everyone who knew anything about Iraq, once you removed the strong man Hussein the country would fall into inter-tribal warfare. It did. We stayed. Then the rationale shifted yet again. Now we were fighting “insurgents,” Iraqis who didn’t like the government we helped put in place. Now were not just at war IN Iraq, we were at war with the Iraqi people themselves. But Cheney told us (when? Three years ago now? I lose track) the “insurgency is in its last throes.” He lied. We stayed. Then Bush finally did what people in the military told him he’d have to do from the beginning if he wanted to control Iraq–send enough troops to occupy the worst parts of the country. We did. Now the situation has “improved” according to the Bush Administration; the Iraqi government wants us out of there and has said so. So why can’t we stop spending $10 billion a month doing what the Iraqis should be doing for themselves? We put the Shia in control knowing that Iran is a Shi’ite country. If we leave the Iranians will no doubt seize the opportunity to band with their religious brethren and form an alliance against the minority Sunnis, who held power under Hussein. That will be entirely our fault, but there’s not enough money in the US Treasury to prevent it from happening. Bush’s father did not invade Iraq when he went to war in Kuwait because he knew it would destabilize the region if Hussein were deposed, and that’s exactly what’s happened. But we could stay in Itaq a hundred years, as McCain said he’d be happy to do, and we’d never be able to make the Iraqis live in peace with one another. Sunnis and Shi’ites have been going at each other since the 14th century. They’re not about to stop because we ask them to play nice.
As for Professor Ayers, Chicago Citizen of the Year, 1997, Distinguished Visiting Professor at the University of South Carolina, recipient of an honorary doctorate from Nazarene College, author of 14 books and school reformer, I very much doubt he will be getting an invitation to the White House, nor would he want one. If you knew anything about politics you’d know that a liberal/progressive like Obama is anathema to a ideologue like Ayers. Radicals hated liberals in the 1960’s and I suspect many of them still do. Kind of the way that extreme right-wingers feel about McCain, I suspect.
Face it, Dryside: Obama is a good guy and will probably make a grat president. His message is getting through to all but the diehards and the blowhards. People aren’t listening to your yapping about pinkos and big spenders and all the usual Republican horses*** that you all drag out every single election like a bunch of moth-eaten smelly old rags. The world has changed, Dryside, and your party is going to be left out in the cold because it’s playing the politics of the past. Worked well for you all for a long time, but no longer. Go right on screaming until you’re red in the face: nobody’s listening.

JILLCW

posted October 21, 2008 at 3:35 pm

This is more frightening than anything except Barry and Odinga on infidelsarecool.com. Sheesh, BHO is a mighty false messiah as he attempts to co-opt Jesus as Lord. I don’t think God’s gonna like this much. I just pray He shows Barry who the real boss is. If not, then maybe Barry IS the anti-Christ. Sure acts like he’s anti-Christ with his policies.

Robert

posted October 21, 2008 at 4:37 pm

The only people I ever see mentioning these blasphemous songs are Republicans, which suggest to me that they only exist in the minds and ad budgets of Republicans and Republican operatives. If you can’t stir up enthusiasm for your guy, maybe you stir up outrage against the other guy. Doesn’t make Christians’ gleeful recitation of these titles any less blasphemous (and here the blasphemy is by Michelle).

Mike Bratton

posted October 21, 2008 at 5:34 pm

“Ayers is not a friend of Obama’s, and all your false witness will do is send you to hell.”
Rejecting Christ as Savior and Lord is what sends one to hell, actually.
Having corrected that misperception, let’s address another one in that sentence. Where, as a matter of fact and record, did Barack Obama begin his political career? In whose home?
Do you actually understand how linked Obama is to the unrepentant terrorist William Ayres? And what such abject lack of judgment on Obama’s part means for the United States?
–Mike

notropis

posted October 21, 2008 at 6:47 pm

“Go ahead, vote for Palin, who will deliberately start a nuclear war with Russia to kill your children and bring about the rapture.”
Shame on WHO for being a liar?

JILLCW

posted October 21, 2008 at 7:04 pm

Well, maybe it’s because lots of Republicans are conservatives and lots of conservatives are Christians. Maybe, also, BarryO is a false messiah as prophesied in the Bible. Maybe, also, and another also, we get a little miffed when he is substituted for the ONE that he is not. Get over yourselves. If you don’t stand for the freedoms we should ALL have, what will happen when your freedoms are taken away? We won’t be here to help you because you didn’t help us before they erased us from the planet.
Sheesh, bring on the trumpets and archangels, Lord.

Troy

posted October 21, 2008 at 7:27 pm

You forgot “Abiden With Me”; and “Just a Closer Walk With B”; and The Obamessiah — Handel’s lost oratorio…

JILL CW

posted October 21, 2008 at 8:10 pm

I just noticed that some of the words on the screen while the music played are those of Louis Farrakhan. I refuse to imagine, I refuse to believe, I have bound the words, both written, and spoken and rededicated the song about my Lord and Savior, Yeshua Ha Mashiach, Jesus the Messiah, to HIM, not to ObamaFalseMessiah. In Christ’s Name, Amen.

EG

posted October 21, 2008 at 8:22 pm

Are you out of your freaking mind? If you’re the face of Christianity, no surprise so many are afraid of you people.

Robert

posted October 21, 2008 at 8:48 pm

Michael

posted October 21, 2008 at 9:07 pm

Thou shalt not immanentize the Obamanon. I thought the Obama campaign had
rethought the Riefenstahl approach to things since McCain tagged him for
overplaying the messiah card- Greek columns, celebrities chanting “Obama!”
and all. I guess a 100,000 chanting Germans can’t be wrong. Obamalapse Now!

JILLCW

posted October 21, 2008 at 9:08 pm

So, be afraid of us instead of listening to us for a change. Sheesh, what if we’ve heard the truth? What if we’re the ones from whom you could learn something? What if you don’t listen? What then? Are you really willing to hedge your bets against God? Oh, forget it. Don’t believe a word I’ve written. Just as God if I told you the truth.

MzEllen

posted October 21, 2008 at 10:01 pm

and yet…at least the intolerant and afraid part is breaking out all over.

SVinson

posted October 21, 2008 at 10:45 pm

As a college student I’m not surprised by this in the least. The Obamaniacs at my school (UCSD) would follow the lord their god anywhere. My only question is: why have an inauguration when we could have a CORONATION instead? The idiots in this video would, I’m sure, have no problem with this. Democracy? Who needs that when we have his holiness the Sun King?! Praise be!
But in all seriousness, such unchecked fawning is truly dangerous to democracy. I fear for the nation’s political efficacy when Obama does not live up to the many promises he has made.

Robert

posted October 21, 2008 at 11:13 pm

There’s plenty of reason to fear for the country’s political efficacy right now.
In the thread above, there’s one issue I’m very willing to be educated upon. JILLCW tells us
“Maybe, also, BarryO is a false messiah as prophesied in the Bible.”
OK, since there’s no entry for BarryO in my Cruden’s Concordance, Jill could you please show us the verses that tell us Barack Obama is a false messiah? If you tell me where they are, I’ll open up my Bible and read them.

Karen Hall

posted October 21, 2008 at 11:29 pm

I added a few hymns at my blog and asked for contributions from readers. I happen to like “What a Friend We Have in George Soros.” (Obviously William Ayers and many other names as well as television networks could be substituted.)

Michele McGinty

posted October 22, 2008 at 1:19 am

I somehow doubt that Obama is a false prophet. He hasn’t made any claims about being sent by the Lord.
Edited: OOPS! I must have been tired last night, I thought it said prophet but it was messiah. But Obama hasn’t claimed to be the messiah, so he can’t be a false one. And as to the anti-Christ, he hasn’t spoken against Jesus at all and says he’s a follower. I think we should take him at his word.

anonymous reincarnate

posted October 22, 2008 at 3:56 am

“It’s sort of funny…it’s supposed to be conservatives that are backward, intolerant and “afraid” of those who are different…”
you got that right, and it shows with all of these claims of obama being a false prophet, false messiah, or the anti-christ. all the fear mongering on the right about electing a black president, a man whose middle name is hussein and whose first name rhymes with osama. “eeek, he’s a liberal!” “run away, he’s muslim!” “omg, he must be a socialist!” “he’s a marxist!” “kill him!” “terrorist!”
and here the liberals and moderates are, terrified of the same… the same that we’ve had for the past 8 years.
btw, yelladawgNC, thanks! i love obama’s sense of humor. at least he doesn’t take this crap as seriously as the fundamentalists in the religious right do.
“Where, as a matter of fact and record, did Barack Obama begin his political career? In whose home?”

FALSE: Recollections differ about the beginnings of Obama’s political career and 1996 run for State Senate in Illinois. A Chicago rabbi says he hosted the first coffee for Obama, not Ayers. And the Obama campaign says the “official kickoff” of that campaign happened at a Ramada Inn, not Ayers’ living room. — abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/Story?id=6043298

it doesn’t matter how many times it’s said… right-wing conspiracy theorists will never believe the truth.

Don

posted October 22, 2008 at 9:43 am

Let’s set all the chatter about The O aside (we must be very careful not to take The O’s name in vain, for The O knows all – let Him be praised…) for a second.
I emailed Billy Jonas’ record producer to let her know one of her clients is ripping off copyrighted music.
You can email her with your concerns here: peggy@loydartists.com
Mr. Jonas’ email is: office@billyjonas.com
Cheers,
db

Matthew

posted October 22, 2008 at 9:50 am

This is such a blasphemous use of this song! I can’ believe it! These people need Jesus!

MrPhil

posted October 22, 2008 at 10:37 am

anonymous reincarnate et al, who think taking from the rich to give to poor people is more important than not killing babies:
a) does it matter if it was the first or the third? Other people thought it was the first…
b) is that the same rabbi that is his cousin, and that he funneled lots of money to?
c) if liberals are so tolerant, why do they work so hard to silence conservatives on college campuses?
d) he is lying about Ayers, and he isn’t telling the whole truth about his relationship with Ayers. He didn’t dump him until he needed to politically. He worked in the same office building for at least a year – on the same floor, if not the same office.
e) he lied about taking public funding for his campaign
f) if he cares so much about fairness, why doesn’t he share his campaign cash with McCain or Barr or me?
g) people have been going after him on the illegal contributions and the suspicious ones, but the media ignores it.
h) the song might be a parody and in poor taste, but there are plenty of other reasons to not vote for Senator Government
i) watching Obama at the Alfred E Smith dinner, it was all about him, and he didn’t appreciate McCain’s jokes at his expense. Some sense of humor. (The lines Obama had were funny, but he didn’t deliver them well)

Rob

posted October 22, 2008 at 11:04 am

Everybody does, Matthew.

Jessica

posted October 22, 2008 at 12:14 pm

The video has been removed or something…surprise, surprise.

Tim

posted October 22, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Couldn’t view the video … said it wasn’t available anymore

Coleen

posted October 22, 2008 at 2:16 pm

Not only are did they change the words to our Christian song, check out the “American” flags that surround Obama when he is speaking. They have the official “O” (for Obama) logo replacing the stars of our flag. He is mocking those of us that love our God and our country!

Hans

posted October 22, 2008 at 2:18 pm

Someone HAS to repost this video for ALL to see. Whoever has the original post, I would love a copy of this. PLEASE get this out there again.
Hans

Natalie

posted October 22, 2008 at 3:50 pm

I heard that video on the Glenn Beck show this morning (10/22/08). If you at least want to hear it, go to his website at http://www.glennbeck.com/content/radio/ and scroll down to the audio of the shows (left side of the screen). Click on the first hour of today’s episode and listen for it to come. I think he plays it pretty early on.
As I listened to it, I thought that surely, Glenn Beck was just adding his own background music to the ad. NOPE – someone put this wonderful worship song that I sing to the LORD in church and made it apply to someone named OBAMA???? This MAN, who said “we are no longer a Christian nation”, has people thinking he is a messiah, and that we could consider him a sanctuary, pure, and HOLY???!!! I was so frustrated as I listened to it. Granted, it’s not Obama himself who created the video…but the thought that PEOPLE could idolize this MAN enough to compare him to words of this spiritual song is…scary…

Darcie Gudger

posted October 22, 2008 at 4:54 pm

That was the most revolting thing I’ve ever heard (I heard it on Laura Ingraham). I don’t think I can sing that song again without wanting to barf.
Love the “Barak of Ages”.
I don’t understand why people can’t see through this insane messiah complex? The Messiah came 2000 years ago and his name was Jesus Christ.
Hope you can find a recording of that video. It needs to be out there and for all the world to see.
This only will confirm my cousin’s belief that Obama is the anti-Christ.

Dennis

posted October 22, 2008 at 7:22 pm

You all must spend more time reading your bibles and studying to show yourselves approved unto GOD and less time propagating rubbish.
LEt us use this medium to encourage and strengthen each other, there are so many empty people out there who need a word.
Share your experiences that could help someone draw closer to GOD.
This should be all about inspiring each other. I am so tired of the election nonsense and with the hundreds of forums for that kind of thing we should leave forums like this for what really matters.

anonymous reincarnate

posted October 22, 2008 at 11:58 pm

hate to disappoint you natalie, but we were never a “christian nation”. i wonder if there’s really anyone who actually thinks that obama is the messiah. i’ve never heard anyone proclaim it, i’ve only seen righties blog about it.
mrphil,
not at all. since it makes absolutely no difference where he started his political career. i’m just setting the story straight.
you tell us. do you have some proof of your baseless claims? so far the right’s track record on rumor surrounding obama
not here in colorado. in fact, it’s pretty common to walk campuses and every year there’s the pro-life protesters occupying a quad. each campus here has a student republican organization. (they like to cry that they’re being silenced, but they just like to have something to cry about).
proof? what lies? in fact, you’ve been proven wrong by multitudes of independent sources. he hasn’t even “dumped” him. he has no reason to. he has said that he denounced his actions of 40 years ago, but he never had embraced them anyway. and wow… they actually worked in the same building, maybe even in the same office (not that you have provided any proof, again)! so what? i work in the same office as approximately 500 people. i really doubt that i agree with even a few of them on most things.
e) he lied about taking public funding for his campaign
as a 3x donor to his campaign, i’m glad that he changed his mind. besides, mccain flip flopped on public funding too. or “lied” as you would say.
just looking for another handout, are ya?
first, illegal ones must be found, and then it can be dealt with, probably by donating to charity (hey, you might get lucky)
so, you’re not voting for mcsame, either?
it’s what’s called “self-deprecating” humor. i thought they were both funny. and mccain was stiff and old and it shows. maybe he should be taking some of mcpalin’s wardrobe budget to spruce himself up a tad.
what happened with j through z?

J. R. Miller

posted October 23, 2008 at 12:02 am

Looks like the video is already gone, but here is a post that you all need to read http://www.morethancake.org/2008/10/from-moral-majority-to-messianic.html

J. R. Miller

posted October 23, 2008 at 12:05 am

I should add that I have not seen the video, but heard it on the radio. My initial thought though is that it is a spoof and not a real video. The song is a really old chorus and given the age demographic of Obama supporters, IMHO the video should be viewed as suspect until its source is known.

ConservativeMusician

posted October 23, 2008 at 12:31 am

The song version in question under the Obama video is from an Ashville, NC musician named Billy Jonas. http://www.billyjonas.com.

Obama is a Nazi

posted October 23, 2008 at 2:45 am

Breathtaking ignorance from forum posters these days.
When confronted with evidence of the Obama idolatry, they pretend never to have seen any.
“There are none so blind.”
I know liberals hate truth, bu tough.
If you follow Obama, you are a fascist.
You are in league with a man who kidnaps mentally-challenged people from their nursing homes without the consent of their familiaes and forces them to vote for him.
You have replaced God, and if you’re an atheist…well, you’re not anymore, are you?
You worship your Fuhrer.

anonymous reincarnate

posted October 23, 2008 at 3:54 am

idiot… haven’t you read the right-wing nutjob talking points?? you’re going to ruin it for mccain if you confuse yourself… the mccain talking points clearly state that you are to refer to obama as a communist, not a fascist. dolt.

MzEllen

posted October 23, 2008 at 7:28 am

AR, you are truly an example of “how not to sway others”.

Natalie

posted October 24, 2008 at 8:19 pm

The video I heard on Glenn Beck was sponsored by Manifest Obama. Website’s gone, video’s gone.
AR – I’m pretty sure we were created as a Christian nation. At least, that’s what our money says.

Natalie

posted October 24, 2008 at 8:21 pm

Mark Traphagen

posted October 31, 2008 at 3:44 pm

And “country first” is not idolatrous?
And the level of pure hatred here qualifies this as a Christian blog?
Amazing. Stunning. Devastatingly sad.

Mark Traphagen

posted November 3, 2008 at 9:45 am

Michele, I am appalled that you would allow hate speech like this to remain in your post’s comments:
“If you follow Obama, you are a fascist.
You worship your Fuhrer.”
Am I going to get any response?

Mark Traphagen

posted November 3, 2008 at 9:57 am

“If you follow Obama, you are a fascist.
You worship your Fuhrer.”
Am I going to get any response?

Mark Traphagen

posted November 3, 2008 at 10:00 am

“If you follow Obama, you are a fascist.
You worship your Fuhrer.”
Am I going to get any response?

Mark Traphagen

posted November 3, 2008 at 10:36 am

Sorry for the triple comment, but this site is horrible! Times out any time I try to post.

Mark Traphagen

posted November 5, 2008 at 9:40 pm

Mark hears crickets. So glad that Rightist hate lies like this post did not win the day yesterday. So grateful.