Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Obama’s bounce?

posted by Susan Johnson

Doesn’t look like he got much of a bounce and it didn’t last very long. It was about 7 points when it really should have been 10 and now the candidates are in a statistical tie:

Voters are closely divided between Barack Obama and John McCain in Gallup Poll Daily tracking conducted June 12-14, with 44% of national registered voters favoring Obama for president and 42% backing McCain.

7% are undecided and 8% will not be voting for either candidate. That’s a pretty decent amount but who can blame them with the choice they have, I’m tempted to vote none of the above as well :-)
BTW those of you who think I cherry picked this poll (no, I’m not the political stooge you people think I am), here is the RCP National Average which is also a statistical tie.
Of course the polls are meaningless until we get to October but it’s amazing with all the positive press and the excitement over the Democrat primary race that there wouldn’t have been a bigger and more sustained bounce.

Charles Cosimano

posted June 16, 2008 at 11:59 am

It’s pretty much what I’ve been saying. Obama is in trouble. Given the state of the economy, he should be ahead by at least 15 points plus the margin of error.

jestrfyl

posted June 16, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Looney

posted June 16, 2008 at 2:07 pm

“Comment 1 – The Gallup Poll is so heavily biased toward conservatism that is no longer the viable, objective tool it once was. You might as well quote the Readers Digest!”
Huh??? The poll was “registered voters”, not likely voters. This kind of polling usually favors Democrats.

Looney

posted June 16, 2008 at 5:32 pm

This probably is on the edge of rumor mongering, but it seems that the recent disputed elections in Kenya and a lot of the rioting, killing and displaced populations have a wonderful set of connections to things happening here in the US.
First the BBC article involving Mr. Odinga with hints of Sharia law and shady deals in the background:
And the BBC article linking Mr. Odinga to Barrack Obama:
Of course I believe Obama’s religion to be mainline-anity, but some mainliners would recognize the legitimacy of a Sharia law sub-community on multi-cultural grounds, while denying such for Christians
Have fun!

anonymous reincarnate

posted June 16, 2008 at 6:27 pm

what a laugh! now polling favors democrats! it’s not just the msm anymore. poor republicans are victims yet again.
are you suggesting that republicans aren’t registered voters?

anonymous reincarnate

posted June 16, 2008 at 6:44 pm

let’s see… by your logic, bush has ties to the bin laden family. osama is a known terrorist. therefore bush is a terrorist.

Michele McGinty

posted June 16, 2008 at 11:07 pm

“Comment 2 – You have yet to post a positive piece about McCain, especially one without some reference to the DNC or Obama. I am starting to think you don’t hold much hope for him. Otherwise I would expect you would post positive stuff about him and not only negative stuff about the other guy. As they say in Hollywood, the only bad publicity is no publicity. So I guess you are doing what you can for Obama.”
As I’ve repeatedly said, I don’t like McCain, he really doesn’t interest me. I like to blog about Obama because he interests me. I’m amazed that the left is about to nominate him as their candidate since he is so incredibly radical. I’m stunted that we are going to spend the next 140 some odd days pretending that he’s actually a viable candidate. The only thing that keeps me from laughing at the commenters who think he has a chance is that McCain is such a liberal candidate that I’m not sure that conservatives can hold their nose to vote for him and despite the how liberal Obama is, he may still yet win. Better to have a liberal Democrat wreak the country instead of a RINO.

anonymous reincarnate

posted June 17, 2008 at 12:26 am

can’t wreak it any worse than bush already has. thanks to you and yours.

Looney

posted June 17, 2008 at 12:30 am

“can’t wreak it any worse than … ”
Based on past historical patterns, this quote is always heard just before things start to get really bad.

anonymous reincarnate

posted June 17, 2008 at 12:37 am

michele canned argument #4: obama is so incredibly radical.
haven’t seen the proof there. btw, mccain is old, not liberal.

anonymous reincarnate

posted June 17, 2008 at 12:58 am

you elected the best known twit in politics. what did you expect to happen? now i hope that things “get really bad” for conservatives. it would be nice to see some progress in this country. i thought that all those big tax breaks to the top 1% of the richest was supposed to create more jobs and pay off the deficit. just another lie that you bought into.

Rob

posted June 17, 2008 at 3:37 am

So, Looney, you’re expecting a McCain win?

Rob

posted June 17, 2008 at 3:57 am

Anonymous reincarnate, Arnold Schwarzenegger pays the man who details his cars $100,000 a year. President Bush was recently able to buy a 200,000 acre ranch in Paraguay, which has no extradition treaty with the US or European Union. He’ll employ dozens of Paraguayans on his ranch.
And John McCain enjoys living in seven different houses, despite the fact that Cindy had to get buy on a measly $6 million last year. Think how much staff that requires. How can you say the Bush tax policy hasn’t increased employment?

anonymous reincarnate

posted June 17, 2008 at 8:00 pm

rob, you got me there. i relent. ;)

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Reformed Chicks Babbling. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 3:05:14pm Aug. 27, 2012 | read full post »

One Final Word
My dear friend Michele slipped into eternity on Wednesday, February 1.   She was a remarkable woman who left a legacy of faith, determination, and love. For three years she courageously battled the ovarian cancer that eventually robbed her of her life.  A few days before she died, one of her docto

posted 8:43:41pm Feb. 10, 2012 | read full post »

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
My husband told me that there are rumors that I've died. I'm happy to report that I'm still very much alive. My cancer has gone to stage four but we are controlling it with chemo, the cancer numbers are currently in the normal range. I've stopped blogging to concentrate on my daughters and writing a

posted 7:07:55pm Aug. 23, 2010 | read full post »

An update and a prayer request
Several people have asked about Michele's condition, and have promised to pray for her. On her behalf, I thank you for that. I spoke with her a little while ago, and she asked that I come here and tell you what's going on, and to ask you to pray for her. She isn't able to post here herself right

posted 4:55:36pm Apr. 06, 2010 | read full post »

Rest in peace, Internet Monk.
A man known in the cyber world as The Internet Monk, has died. Michael Spencer lost his battle with cancer tonight. My prayers go out for his family and for all those who loved and will miss him. :(

posted 11:52:00pm Apr. 05, 2010 | read full post »