Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Reformed Chicks Blabbing

Clinton and Obama at the Messiah College Compassion Forum

posted by Susan Johnson

Yesterday the Democrat candidates took to the stage separately at Messiah College to talk about their faith. I think they are handling this issue brilliantly and McCain is dropping the ball. He should have showed up and demonstrated that he doesn’t have problem with faith. He could tell the audience that he doesn’t have all the answers as Clinton did repeatedly. I think that the audience would have respected him for it. Now it just looks like he’s ducking the whole debate and evidently people want their candidates to talk about their faith.

The two candidates were questioned separately at the forum at Messiah College near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, which was broadcast nationally on CNN.The invited audience included leaders from several different faiths who asked questions on abortion, euthanasia, HIV/Aids and the presence of God in the candidates’ lives.Both Mrs Clinton and Mr Obama are courting the religious vote, which holds considerable clout in US politics.

Here’s the first of five videos for Obama at the forum:Here’s the first of 6 for Clinton:

Lj

posted April 14, 2008 at 12:23 pm

Obama was brilliant with his answers. He was sincere about all his answers. Clinton seems to ramble in circles. McCain does not have any real faith ,except as a war monger. Mccain ‘s people might try to create him as a chrstian but war is his god. Obamaid is not afraid of the “bitter issue ,because it is true that Americans are angery about their jobs flowing overseas to build up other contries(socialism). Obama’08

Lj

posted April 14, 2008 at 12:27 pm

Go Obama’08. He is the answer for America’s ills.

Michele McGinty

posted April 14, 2008 at 12:48 pm

“McCain does not have any real faith ,except as a war monger”
Isn’t Obama going to continue the war in Afghanistan. He hasn’t said when we’ll be leaving that war, why isn’t he considered a war monger?

meh

posted April 14, 2008 at 12:56 pm

warmonger: one who urges or attempts to stir up war
The (actual) war with Afghanistan didn’t need to be urged or stirred up.
The “war” with Iraq did.
Who supports which war?
There’s your warmonger.
Words mean what words mean, Michele.

Michele McGinty

posted April 14, 2008 at 1:05 pm

Um…I’m confused, meh. Afghanistan is not a war but Iraq is?

Charles Cosimano

posted April 14, 2008 at 1:19 pm

Well, considering that there were probably more people in the auditorium that actually watched it…

anonymous reincarnate

posted April 15, 2008 at 1:38 am

michele, it’s not difficult. i believe you can do it. try. to. focus. on. the. word. MONGER.
oh, nevermind. it’s like trying to describe a horse to a horse.

truthhurts

posted April 15, 2008 at 6:46 am

Michelle, let’s do the math… war in Iraq – 4,000 war on unborn children (for the sake of personal ‘rights’) – 800,000 per year (48,000,000 so far) WHO ARE THE WAR MONGERS?!?!?!

recovering ex-Pentecostal

posted April 15, 2008 at 11:10 am

“urges or attempts to stir up war”
I am not aware that Obama wishes to or is actively engaged in “urging” war or “stirring up” a war – ANY war. That seems to be the purview of the Bush/Cheney/Rove mal-Administration. Get a clue.

anonymous reincarnate

posted April 16, 2008 at 2:24 am

i think we’ve beat that dead horse. but, just for good measure:
monger monger monger monger monger monger monger monger monger
starts with “M”, ends with “ONGER”, rhymes with “bush couldn’t have been WRONGER.”

Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Reformed Chicks Babbling. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 3:05:14pm Aug. 27, 2012 | read full post »

One Final Word
My dear friend Michele slipped into eternity on Wednesday, February 1.   She was a remarkable woman who left a legacy of faith, determination, and love. For three years she courageously battled the ovarian cancer that eventually robbed her of her life.  A few days before she died, one of her docto

posted 8:43:41pm Feb. 10, 2012 | read full post »

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
My husband told me that there are rumors that I've died. I'm happy to report that I'm still very much alive. My cancer has gone to stage four but we are controlling it with chemo, the cancer numbers are currently in the normal range. I've stopped blogging to concentrate on my daughters and writing a

posted 7:07:55pm Aug. 23, 2010 | read full post »

An update and a prayer request
Several people have asked about Michele's condition, and have promised to pray for her. On her behalf, I thank you for that. I spoke with her a little while ago, and she asked that I come here and tell you what's going on, and to ask you to pray for her. She isn't able to post here herself right

posted 4:55:36pm Apr. 06, 2010 | read full post »

Rest in peace, Internet Monk.
A man known in the cyber world as The Internet Monk, has died. Michael Spencer lost his battle with cancer tonight. My prayers go out for his family and for all those who loved and will miss him. :(

posted 11:52:00pm Apr. 05, 2010 | read full post »