Red Letters

Red Letters

Christina Taylor Green, 9-year-old girl shot and killed in Tucson shootings

posted by Tom Davis

Little girl shot and killed in Tucson

Christina Green, shot and killed by Jared Lee Loughner on a sunny Saturday morning in Tucson. Christina Taylor Green was at Safeway in Tucson to meet Rep. Gabrielle Giffords because she was elected to her student council. She was 9-years-old.

The 9 year old girl, Green, was born on September 11, 2001. Her grandfather, Dallas Green, won a World Series managing the Philadelphia Phillies. Her dad is a scout for the Dodgers.  Christina played little league.

Today, the parents of 9 year old girl shot mourn her loss. We should all mourn this loss, as there is no place for this violence in our society.

Here is an interview with Christina Green’s parents that you might want to grab a box of Kleenex before watching:

If there is ever a difficult time to understand the principle of forgiveness and loving your enemies as taught by Jesus, it is in the midst of these Tucson shootings. In the grip of shattering pain and devastating loss, it is only the peace of God that transcends understanding that can bring comfort to grief. It is only the shepherd who knows the meadows he has prepared for us who can lead us to the still waters of the soul.

Please use the comments section to offer your prayers, hopes, and condolences to Christina Green’s family.

Click here to subscribe to Red Letters. Click here to follow Tom Davis on Twitter.

Mark Milburn

posted January 10, 2011 at 9:53 am

My heart hurts for the family of Christina Green. My family and I lost our 3-year old Grandaughter Brooklynn Grace almost 2-years ago, killed by a neighborhood dog; both of these little ladies deaths
were so senseless.
When I was going through our family tradegy one thing that gave me strength was that I knew that people that didn’t even know me were praying for my loss.
May Our Loving Father be with the affected families during this tough time.
Mark Milburn

Brandon Battle

posted January 10, 2011 at 10:22 am

My heart breaks seeing this. As a dad,I can’t even begin to imagine the grief of the father and mother. I can pray though for the Father Who experienced seeing His only Son die on a cruel cross, to comfort and envelope them in His loving arms and strengthen them as they walk through this grief together.

April May Robertson

posted January 12, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I am very sorry for your loss and god be with you in this time of need she will be missed by everybody. GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY!

ANTHONY REDDY

posted January 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm

OUR SINCEREST CONDOLENCES TO THE PARENTS,FAMILY AND FRIENDS -A PRAYER OF COMFORT TO THE GRIEVING PARENTS AND FAMILY OF THE CHILD -LET THE SPIRIT CHRIST BRING HEALING AND PEACE WITHIN THE GRIEVING AND TO KNOW THAT OUR GOD IS THE COMFORTER AND HEALER DEVINE,HE WILL REPLACE IN TIME ALL THAT ARE LOST A HUNDRED FOLD -PLACE YOUR
WHOLEHEARTED TRUST IN HIM AND BELIEVE WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT.I PRAY INTO THEIR SPIRITS THAT EVERY EMPINESS WITHIN IS REMOVED AND GODS FULLNESS IS REPLACED WITH PEACE JOY AND HAPPINESS AND KNOW THAT YOUR CHILD IS SO SAFE IN THE ARMS OF THE LORD AND THAT NOTHING AND NO ONE CAN DO ANY HARM.
LOVE FROM PAM AND ANTHONY FROM DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA

david

posted January 14, 2011 at 6:09 am

WOW I DNT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HER BUT I CAN’T TAKE IT ANY MORE,I’M SO SAD ABOUT HER.THER IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT WHEN A HUMAN DIES OUT OF PAINS AND SORROWS SHOULD WE FORGET TO LIVE WITH BECAUSE WE WILL OUNCE MEET HER AGAIN.THER IS A SONG DONNIE SINGS,”WHEN WE GET TO HEAVEN WHAT A DAY OF REJOICING THAT WILL BE WHEN WE ALL SEE JESUS WE SING AND SHOUT VICTORY”

brianna

posted January 26, 2011 at 5:57 pm

poor christina why r people so stupip to shoot somebody so pefect? she as so cute and smart.

Terri Little

posted January 26, 2011 at 10:01 pm

I’am convinced, we are living in the last days. This world is so scary. May GOD be with you in your time of sorrow.

camilla

posted June 17, 2011 at 5:43 pm

en liten flicka såmm är bara mellann 4 år och 7 år
sånna små flickor+ små pojkar såmm är lika gammla
4 år och 7 år
dåmm ska bli bödad på ricktit
och det är all var såmm jag säger till er

ni kann börja att klä av dåmm naken fisa från upp till tå
efter det ska du sjuta med en pistol eller en bössa
en sånn här bössa
såmm heter
älgstuttsare
den ska du döda dåmm här små barnenn
såmm är bara mellann 4 åring och 7 åring
sånna små barn ska du döda eller möda
så att dåmm dör på ricktit
och det är sant och all var
såmm jag säger till er
ni kann börja med det nu på en gång nu genast nu fort nu med det
och det är sant och all var
såmm jag säger till er

More Blogs to Enjoy!!
Thank you for visiting Red Letters. This blog is no longer being updated. Please  enjoy the archives. Also, here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Activist Faith Is It the End of the World

posted 9:51:43am May. 29, 2013 | read full post »

Download SCARED for free on Nov. 1 & 2!
The publisher of Scared is giving away free e-book downloads on November 1 & 2. Don't miss this great deal. Download Scared today! Download your free Scared e-book! A Note from the Author: Tom Davis Scared is a work of fiction, but the world and life stories described in the book

posted 5:05:29am Nov. 01, 2012 | read full post »

Touching the Image of Jesus: Part 3
In the final chapter of Alexandra's story, she shares what happened when she boarded the plane for Swaziland with her teammates. This post is a little longer, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to put it down. Thank you again, Alexandra, for sharing your heart and story with all of us. Fol

posted 9:50:18am Sep. 13, 2012 | read full post »

Touching the Image of Jesus: Part 2
When we left Alexandra, she was wondering how she was going to raise $3,411 to travel across the world with a group of Christians she didn't know. She wasn't a Christian and had no church. But she did feel deeply compelled to get on this trip to the Ludlati CarePoint. So she decided to enter a

posted 4:17:01pm Sep. 10, 2012 | read full post »

Touching the Image of Jesus: Part 1
[caption id="attachment_2722" align="alignright" width="300"] Alexandra, looking ready.[/caption] Sometimes there's a lot more going on than we can see with our physical eyes. At least, that appears true in the case of Alexandra Warwick. I first introduced you to Alexandra in this post, Reje

posted 11:01:13am Sep. 06, 2012 | read full post »