Red Letters

Red Letters

Scared Is a Finalist for a Christy Award

posted by Tom Davis

Ready for the big news I promised to announce on Friday? My first novel, Scared, has been nominated for CBA's Christy Award. I never expected this, so obviously, this is very exciting for me. I'm also in the company of several good friends have been nominated in other categories who I love and respect: Mary DeMuth and Lisa Samson.

Here's a link to the Christy Award site in case you're interested in the details of the award. Basically, the best Fiction books are chosen in different categories. There are three finalists, one winner. Scared is nominated in the "First Novel Category." Thanks for your support of this book. I am thankful and humbled!

FIRST NOVEL

Veiled Freedom by Jeanette Windle • Tyndale House Publishers

Andrea

posted April 30, 2010 at 9:03 am

Huge Congrats to you!!!

Wes Roberts

posted April 30, 2010 at 9:10 am

…as our friends from “down under” would say
…good on ya!
…grateful for you, Tom, and all your hard work!!!

Mary DeMuth

posted May 1, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Thanks for the kind mention of me and Lisa!

Christina Berry

posted May 2, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Congratulations! I MUST pick up a copy of your book now. From what I can tell, our whole category is issue driven. Jennifer’s deals with racism and is historical. Mine a contemporary journey through infidelity and the struggle to forgive. And yours is sex-trafficking …Wow! How cool to be among such great first novelists. :) Looking forward to meeting you in St. Louis!

Renee Swope

posted May 3, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Congratulations!!!!! JJ and I send our best and hope your book wins!

Tom Davis

posted May 4, 2010 at 7:45 am

Thanks so much Christina. I’ll be grabbing a copy of your book too! Congrats!!!

Tom Davis

posted May 4, 2010 at 7:45 am

Thanks Renee. Can’t wait to see you in July!

Boris

posted May 7, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Let’s pray Priceless follows the steps of Scared.

More Blogs to Enjoy!!
Thank you for visiting Red Letters. This blog is no longer being updated. Please  enjoy the archives. Also, here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Activist Faith Is It the End of the World

posted 9:51:43am May. 29, 2013 | read full post »

Download SCARED for free on Nov. 1 & 2!
The publisher of Scared is giving away free e-book downloads on November 1 & 2. Don't miss this great deal. Download Scared today! Download your free Scared e-book! A Note from the Author: Tom Davis Scared is a work of fiction, but the world and life stories described in the book

posted 5:05:29am Nov. 01, 2012 | read full post »

Touching the Image of Jesus: Part 3
In the final chapter of Alexandra's story, she shares what happened when she boarded the plane for Swaziland with her teammates. This post is a little longer, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to put it down. Thank you again, Alexandra, for sharing your heart and story with all of us. Fol

posted 9:50:18am Sep. 13, 2012 | read full post »

Touching the Image of Jesus: Part 2
When we left Alexandra, she was wondering how she was going to raise $3,411 to travel across the world with a group of Christians she didn't know. She wasn't a Christian and had no church. But she did feel deeply compelled to get on this trip to the Ludlati CarePoint. So she decided to enter a

posted 4:17:01pm Sep. 10, 2012 | read full post »

Touching the Image of Jesus: Part 1
[caption id="attachment_2722" align="alignright" width="300"] Alexandra, looking ready.[/caption] Sometimes there's a lot more going on than we can see with our physical eyes. At least, that appears true in the case of Alexandra Warwick. I first introduced you to Alexandra in this post, Reje

posted 11:01:13am Sep. 06, 2012 | read full post »