Red Letters

Red Letters

Want to Know What I Do Late at Night?

posted by Tom Davis

Late Night Dev Edits from Tom Davis on Vimeo.

Mary DeMuth

posted March 15, 2010 at 4:01 pm

You totally stress me out! Two days!!! Yikesers!
Tom’s loyal following: Priceless, the book he’s working on, is a terrific book.

Rshannonsmith

posted March 15, 2010 at 4:04 pm

I do some of my best work late at night. After the wife and kids go to bed it gets nice and quiet around my house. It’s a great work environment, but I usually pay for it the following day.
Good luck with the book. I look forward to reading it.

Wes Roberts

posted March 15, 2010 at 6:44 pm

…when you’re up tonight, make certain to wash your hands from all the cooking your doing for your family tonight
…thanks for the call earlier, means much to hear from you
…you’re amazing, dude, we may have to rename you after your oldest daughter…then you too can be Amazing Grace!
…but I know that is what powers you, my good friend
…prayers continue as you chase across the finish line
…eager to read this on, as well!!!
…love and prayers are with you and yours!

Rachel Olsen

posted March 16, 2010 at 8:02 am

Mary sent me here from Twitter to see what exactly you’re doing at 2:00 AM. Good to know I’m not the only night owl with a tendency to take deadlines down to the wire. Good luck with the developmental edit … only two days – brutal.
Drink some Saint’s to stay awake.

Hannah C

posted March 16, 2010 at 9:00 am

I liked the flicker of candlelight off your coffee mug and the fact that you were wearing your North Face coat inside your house. Funny. Cheering for ya.
Hanner

Tom Davis

posted March 16, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Couldn’t agree more. Creativity flows like a river when it’s quiet and the kids are in bed!

Tom Davis

posted March 16, 2010 at 4:13 pm

I’ll drink a pound a night. There’s a trend here with late night writing. Maybe it’s just those of us with kids?!

Tom Davis

posted March 16, 2010 at 4:14 pm

That’s what snow does to you!

David Knapp

posted March 16, 2010 at 10:03 pm

I don’t read fiction but I think I will have to read yours.
I hated writing papers in college so I am just going to assume that writing books is not in my future.

Andrea Schultz

posted March 17, 2010 at 1:27 am

Here I am at 3:25 am, getting reading to write my review of ‘Scared: A Novel on the Edge of the World.’ It was amazing!
Looks like I am in good company with the rest of the night owls!
I greatly look forward to ‘Priceless’!

**mArC** The Schifano Tribe

posted March 17, 2010 at 10:37 am

Good stuff. Love reading and watching what’s going on. Just finished Fields of The Fatherless. Loving this Swaziland journey. Lata, from Boston

More Blogs to Enjoy!!
Thank you for visiting Red Letters. This blog is no longer being updated. Please  enjoy the archives. Also, here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Activist Faith Is It the End of the World

posted 9:51:43am May. 29, 2013 | read full post »

Download SCARED for free on Nov. 1 & 2!
The publisher of Scared is giving away free e-book downloads on November 1 & 2. Don't miss this great deal. Download Scared today! Download your free Scared e-book! A Note from the Author: Tom Davis Scared is a work of fiction, but the world and life stories described in the book

posted 5:05:29am Nov. 01, 2012 | read full post »

Touching the Image of Jesus: Part 3
In the final chapter of Alexandra's story, she shares what happened when she boarded the plane for Swaziland with her teammates. This post is a little longer, but I'm pretty sure you won't be able to put it down. Thank you again, Alexandra, for sharing your heart and story with all of us. Fol

posted 9:50:18am Sep. 13, 2012 | read full post »

Touching the Image of Jesus: Part 2
When we left Alexandra, she was wondering how she was going to raise $3,411 to travel across the world with a group of Christians she didn't know. She wasn't a Christian and had no church. But she did feel deeply compelled to get on this trip to the Ludlati CarePoint. So she decided to enter a

posted 4:17:01pm Sep. 10, 2012 | read full post »

Touching the Image of Jesus: Part 1
[caption id="attachment_2722" align="alignright" width="300"] Alexandra, looking ready.[/caption] Sometimes there's a lot more going on than we can see with our physical eyes. At least, that appears true in the case of Alexandra Warwick. I first introduced you to Alexandra in this post, Reje

posted 11:01:13am Sep. 06, 2012 | read full post »