The Reality TV Guru

The Reality TV Guru

Welcome!

posted by Cahaya

Welcome to Beliefnet‘s Reality TV Guru blog! Grab a cushion and have a seat as we meditate on the ponderous world of reality TV.

This is a venue where people allow us Reality TV disciples to watch and listen to them as they go through their journeys of self-realization — or not! Some will understand the wisdom of knowing what they do not know as they probe the mysteries of the people and challenges of the environment around them; others will return home in greater confusion and ignominy than the day they first appeared upon the screen.

As your host in this temple of Reality TV, I will share with you the latest news, episode reviews and ratings, live show blogs, interviews of people on the screen and behind the scenes, polls for you to participate in, and much more to enrich your wisdom and knowledge of reality television. And we will ask questions, like “how does this person’s faith and belief correspond to how they portray themselves on the screen?” Questions, always questions.

And with this, I ask you for your comments, what would you like to see in this blog?

The King of Fishes

posted July 7, 2011 at 9:12 pm

What the hey, a reality column on Belief net? What the hey?

What a great idea, obviously there are realty TV contestants who use their belief systems as sledge hammers to get an advantage in their ego driven quests to win the money, and I think you are just the guru we need to sleuth out the fakers, con men (and women), and snake oil Jack Shack phony baloneys.

Go get em Mr. Guru, we’re depending on you to lead us thru all the Big Brother et. al. “Biggest Twists Ever!!” to the promised land.

And may Dog have mercy on your soul.

RollDdice

posted July 5, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Can’t wait to see your thoughts on some of the Reality TV characters that wander across our crosshairs. I have doubts about most of their abilities to walk and chew gum much less grow as individuals, but I guess that’s where the faith comes in!

Tummy

posted July 4, 2011 at 9:03 am

Woot! It’ll be interesting to see how the topic of religion when it comes to reality tv plays out. I have faith (pun intended) that you will lead with some interesting blog posts!

Silvergirl

posted July 4, 2011 at 3:03 am

Hey, this is a great page! I got a few chuckles out of this, just by reading the comments. You already have quite a few fans!

Pepe

posted July 3, 2011 at 6:10 pm

*sniff sniff*

Something seems familiar about you.

Look forward to reading your thots on all things reality-related and seeing different perspectives on what we’re all watching. Nice pic at the top!

Ms. Qwerty

posted July 3, 2011 at 12:57 am

It’s all good. I look forward to your insights. And if you are going to cover Big Brother, congratulations on the strength of your stomach!

Abby

posted July 2, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Just in time for the start of Big Brother! I can’t wait to read what you think of this year’s bunch of hamsters.

Sagebrush

posted July 2, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I’m a personal growth junkie, so I like the idea of watching them go through whatever transformations they go through (or lack thereof), and discussing how those transformations both affected their game and themselves.

jbug

posted July 2, 2011 at 11:14 am

Just what I need; another place to keep me tied to the internet :-). JK
can’t wait; bring it on!

Nutz

posted July 2, 2011 at 8:47 am

…about reality TV personalities, of course.

Nutz

posted July 2, 2011 at 8:46 am

Woo hoo! The first post!

I would like to see witty comments and lots of snark. :)

Karchita

posted July 2, 2011 at 2:12 am

Great start! The reason I watch RTV is to witness the journeys. I don’t care if they involve faith or not or belief in anything but themselves, but I am looking forward to your insights.

More blogs to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting The Reality TV Guru. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here are some other blogs you may also enjoy: Idol Chatter Prophet of Pop Happy Reading!

posted 2:33:22pm Jul. 05, 2012 | read full post »

The Amazing Race Episode 10 Recap: Release the Brake! (Brussels, Belgium)
The Amazing Race episode 10 recap, November 27, 2011. Welcome to the tenth episode of The Amazing Race! Last week ended

posted 3:07:14am Nov. 30, 2011 | read full post »

The Amazing Race Episode 9 Recap: Speedos! (Brussels, Belgium)
The Amazing Race episode 9 recap, November 20, 2011. Welcome to the ninth episode of The Amazing Race! With the e

posted 3:26:48am Nov. 27, 2011 | read full post »

The X Factor Episode 18 Recap: Final 9 Results Show
The X Factor episode 18 recap, Final 9 results show, November 23, 2011 Welcome to The X Factor Final 9 results show! Tonight, n

posted 11:31:02pm Nov. 25, 2011 | read full post »

The X Factor Episode 17 Recap: Final 9 Live Show
The X Factor episode 17 recap: Final 9 live show, November 22, 2011 Welcome to The X-Factor Thanksgiving Special! Tonight,

posted 6:45:23pm Nov. 25, 2011 | read full post »