I have been noticing a racial tinge to the health care reform protests. But after seeing the sea of angry white faces holding signs with Obama as an African Witch Doctor, and other signs commenting about his Muslim heritage, I have to agree with President Carter that there is an element of racism and xenophobia within the current opposition to our President.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Progressive RevivalDiana Butler Bass and Paul Raushenbush both stand firmly within the Mainline Protestant tradition and, along with guest bloggers of all religious backgrounds are dedicated to the revival of religious progressivism and its influence in American politics.
ContributorsDiana Butler Bass
Diana Butler Bass is a commentator and scholar in American religion. She is the author of seven books including A People's History of Christianity: The Other Side of the Story (HarperOne, 2009).
» Posts by Diana Butler Bass
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Why Jews Around the World are Praying for the Victory of the Egyptian Uprising
- When Generosity, Love, and Kindness are Public Policy, the Violence We Saw in Arizona will Dramatically Diminish
- The Spiritual Messages of Chanukah and Christmas — and Their Downsides
- Obama (and Biden) Have No Clue About What’s Bothering Their Political Base
- Values or Partisanship? TV Ad calls out Graham for caving on climate
- American Liberals and Progressive Never Miss an Opportunity to Miss an Opportunity — or Are We ready to Change Directions
- After Attack on Rabbi Lerner’s Home: What you Can do to Help?
- FOX NEWS Funds Research to Discredit Progressive Pastors
- The On-Going Call for Justice in Vieques