For the salt sea and the running water,
For the everlasting hills
And the never-resting winds,
For trees and the common grass underfoot.
We thank you for our senses
By which we hear the songs of birds,
And see the splendor of the summer fields,
And taste of the autumn fruits,
And rejoice in the feel of the snow,
And smell the breath of the spring.
Grant us a heart wide open to all this beauty;
And save our souls from being so blind
That we pass unseeing
When even the common thornbush
Is aflame with your glory,
O God our creator,
Who lives and reigns for ever and ever.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Progressive RevivalDiana Butler Bass and Paul Raushenbush both stand firmly within the Mainline Protestant tradition and, along with guest bloggers of all religious backgrounds are dedicated to the revival of religious progressivism and its influence in American politics.
ContributorsDiana Butler Bass
Diana Butler Bass is a commentator and scholar in American religion. She is the author of seven books including A People's History of Christianity: The Other Side of the Story (HarperOne, 2009).
» Posts by Diana Butler Bass
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Why Jews Around the World are Praying for the Victory of the Egyptian Uprising
- When Generosity, Love, and Kindness are Public Policy, the Violence We Saw in Arizona will Dramatically Diminish
- The Spiritual Messages of Chanukah and Christmas — and Their Downsides
- Obama (and Biden) Have No Clue About What’s Bothering Their Political Base
- Values or Partisanship? TV Ad calls out Graham for caving on climate
- American Liberals and Progressive Never Miss an Opportunity to Miss an Opportunity — or Are We ready to Change Directions
- After Attack on Rabbi Lerner’s Home: What you Can do to Help?
- FOX NEWS Funds Research to Discredit Progressive Pastors
- The On-Going Call for Justice in Vieques