The past few posts have outlined the prayer objectives found in Psalm 72 to raise up a praying army for our political leaders. We encourage you to read the whole Psalm; we have listed some prayer points from the chapter written by Solomon.
Lord, hear our prayer for President Barak Obama…
- That He would rescue the poor and listen to their cries. (vs. 12)
- That the poor would have a voice in his administration. (vs. 12)
- When no one else is available to defend the poor, the he would step forward and be their voice. (vs 12)
- That he would be truly empathic and sympathetic to the weak and needy. (vs. 13)
- That his compassion would move him to action on their behalf. (vs. 13)
- May he value and improve of the lives of the oppressed and abused in society so that they can live well. (vs. 14)