The former Weather Underground activist/terrorist/educator/paller-around was invited by a student groups to speak at Boston College–but the event was canceled, as The Globe reports. At First Things, they see irony–in their inimitable way (and really, don’t try to imitate it)–as Obama can speak at Notre Dame. I must say I’m no fan of Ayres–great on education, very bad at coming to terms with his past–but I think Boston College should have stuck with him. Heck, they had Condi Rice last year. There may well be security issues at work here, or other concerns regarding how the invite was made, that would legitimate the decision. Maybe they’re just ticked they didn’t invite Obama first?
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Moving on, and many, many thanks…
- Calvin at 500, Calvinism 2.0
- Apologia pro vita sua…Kinda
- When Benny met Barry: “I’ll pray for you!”
- Signs of the times: Obama’s eye
- The Pope and the Prez: Together again for the first time
- Are social encyclicals binding?
- Obama’s faith-based administration?
- George Weigel and the (Curial) Chamber of Secrets!
- Christian Christmas Cards on Holy Cards: The latest collectible
- karl on The Mary Heresy: Papal support for Co-Redemptrix?
- Marge on “Blessed” John Paul? Not yet. But patience…
- MondayâÂ?Â?s Religion News Roundup: Isaac v. Mitt, faith in Tampa, the NYT is liberal! | Religion News Service on Is the iPhone Catholic? Is the PC Protestant?
- Basil Paralysed on Paralyzed–and denied a church wedding