What do you see when you look at this picture of Pope Benedict XVI?
I swear I didn’t get it, and had to ask for help. But Catholics with more sensitive (or suspicious) eyeballs saw Devil’s horns on the pope’s head–created by the shirt collar of the man behind Benedict. Apparently there was such outrage that amNew York, which published the shot during the pontiff’s US visit last April–yes, this is still making its way around the web, and just dropped through my transom–had to issue an apology, as you see here:
The black-and-white version is less distinct, to me, but some saw it as a shot at the Pope and Catholicism.
Hey, maybe I’m not suspicious enough. Or I’m too busy looking for Jesus in a Cheeto.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Moving on, and many, many thanks…
- Calvin at 500, Calvinism 2.0
- Apologia pro vita sua…Kinda
- When Benny met Barry: “I’ll pray for you!”
- Signs of the times: Obama’s eye
- The Pope and the Prez: Together again for the first time
- Are social encyclicals binding?
- Obama’s faith-based administration?
- George Weigel and the (Curial) Chamber of Secrets!
- Christian Christmas Cards on Holy Cards: The latest collectible
- karl on The Mary Heresy: Papal support for Co-Redemptrix?
- Marge on “Blessed” John Paul? Not yet. But patience…
- MondayâÂ?Â?s Religion News Roundup: Isaac v. Mitt, faith in Tampa, the NYT is liberal! | Religion News Service on Is the iPhone Catholic? Is the PC Protestant?
- Basil Paralysed on Paralyzed–and denied a church wedding