Answered prayer. Just came across this–the perfect Christmas gift for my daughter AND the perfect solution to the vocations crisis: My Mass Kit, the “flagship product” from a new Catholic toy company called Wee Believers™.
According to the website, “Children will enjoy ‘playing Mass’ using this kit as a part of their playtime activities at home or at school, and in environments such as a church sanctuary where busy-child activity requires solemn attendance.” And there’s more: My Mass Kit includes “Crucifix, Chalice, Thurible, Finger Bowl, Purificator, 2 Cruets, 2 Candles, Paten, cloth Corporal, and foam Hosts.”
Foam? Well, can’t have everything. Oh, and I see that “This innovative, educational and entertaining soft-sculpture toy is aimed at play for boys ages 3-12.” Boys? Sorry, Stella. You’ll have to settle for reading Dora the Explorer with Dad. And belting out the Agnus Dei because the line about the sins of the world reminds you of your favorite tune from “The Little Mermaid.” It ain’t easy raising your kid Kafflick.
Hat tip: Renee Gadoua at the Syracuse Post-Standard!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Moving on, and many, many thanks…
- Calvin at 500, Calvinism 2.0
- Apologia pro vita sua…Kinda
- When Benny met Barry: “I’ll pray for you!”
- Signs of the times: Obama’s eye
- The Pope and the Prez: Together again for the first time
- Are social encyclicals binding?
- Obama’s faith-based administration?
- George Weigel and the (Curial) Chamber of Secrets!
- Christian Christmas Cards on Holy Cards: The latest collectible
- karl on The Mary Heresy: Papal support for Co-Redemptrix?
- Marge on “Blessed” John Paul? Not yet. But patience…
- MondayâÂ?Â?s Religion News Roundup: Isaac v. Mitt, faith in Tampa, the NYT is liberal! | Religion News Service on Is the iPhone Catholic? Is the PC Protestant?
- Basil Paralysed on Paralyzed–and denied a church wedding