Speaking of souvenirs–as I like to do–while the Presbyterian Church (USA) is discussing (arguing) homosexuality at their meeting in San Jose, they are making great inroads against the Catholic Church. According to the omnipresent Gary Stern of the Westchester Journal News, the PCUSA is displaying a John Calvin bobblehead in the exhibit hall. That is beautiful.
Some may recall that I was a bit dismayed last April when, on the eve of the visit of Pope Benedict XVI, the Archdiocese of Washington had a public service spot (encouraging pilgrims to use mass transit to Mass) because it used a pope bobblehead–but a “bad bobblehead,” according a church spokesperson, because the skullcap was the wrong color. Then again, if the sober-sided Calvin were here, I wonder if he’d be good with his souvenir simulacrum. Which is, I presume, historically correct.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Moving on, and many, many thanks…
- Calvin at 500, Calvinism 2.0
- Apologia pro vita sua…Kinda
- When Benny met Barry: “I’ll pray for you!”
- Signs of the times: Obama’s eye
- The Pope and the Prez: Together again for the first time
- Are social encyclicals binding?
- Obama’s faith-based administration?
- George Weigel and the (Curial) Chamber of Secrets!
- karl on The Mary Heresy: Papal support for Co-Redemptrix?
- Marge on “Blessed” John Paul? Not yet. But patience…
- MondayâÂ?Â?s Religion News Roundup: Isaac v. Mitt, faith in Tampa, the NYT is liberal! | Religion News Service on Is the iPhone Catholic? Is the PC Protestant?
- Basil Paralysed on Paralyzed–and denied a church wedding
- uicsppnsb on UDATE on pope-condom comments