Seriously. As ABC News reports, a 49-year-old supermarket shelf-stocker from Cape Cod has come up with a brilliant idea: A website called Youvebeenleftbehind.com which enables the saved to store e-mails and documents that will be sent to up to 63 e-mail addresses six days after Jesus returns in glory in the rapture.
As a convert to Catholicism who was raised on films like the 1972 classic, “Thief in the Night,” I am sensitive to this story, knowing that as a Catholic, I am toast, but also resenting the fact that I didn’t think of this idea first. In fact, I’ve always resented the success of the Tim LaHaye-Jerry Jenkins “Left Behind” series and the fact that the “Thief in the Night” folks and Moody Bible Institute got nuthin’. They came up with it first. Well, after the Darbyites.
But this also raises serious questions: Like, is the website’s inventor, Mark Heard, premillennial, and so he’s giving his friends and loved ones a second chance? Or is he postmillennial and just engaging in a bit of born-again schadenfreude? It appears to be the former, as he bills this as the last chance to “snatch them from the flames.” Or have I got those end times scenarios mixed up? (No wonder I had to convert. Transubstantiation is easier.) What about the simpler problems. Like, what if you are a poor soul without an internet connection? Or, God forbid, dial-up? Or what if your server blocks the email as spam?!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Moving on, and many, many thanks…
- Calvin at 500, Calvinism 2.0
- Apologia pro vita sua…Kinda
- When Benny met Barry: “I’ll pray for you!”
- Signs of the times: Obama’s eye
- The Pope and the Prez: Together again for the first time
- Are social encyclicals binding?
- Obama’s faith-based administration?
- George Weigel and the (Curial) Chamber of Secrets!
- karl on The Mary Heresy: Papal support for Co-Redemptrix?
- Marge on “Blessed” John Paul? Not yet. But patience…
- MondayâÂ?Â?s Religion News Roundup: Isaac v. Mitt, faith in Tampa, the NYT is liberal! | Religion News Service on Is the iPhone Catholic? Is the PC Protestant?
- Basil Paralysed on Paralyzed–and denied a church wedding
- uicsppnsb on UDATE on pope-condom comments