Remember when you thought that this new TV game show called Survivor wouldn’t last? Well, here we are with the show’s 29th season, Survivor: San Juan Del Sur, starting up on Wednesday, September 24th. This time, the show brings back the concept of “Blood vs. Water” meaning that each contestant this season will be playing with a loved one.
The 90-minute “Blood vs. Water” premiere will be hosted once again by Jeff Probst who will watch over the 18 castaways that will try to outwit, outplay and outlast each other – even their significant other – all to win the title of “sole survivor” and $1 million dollars. For the uninformed, this version of Survivor brings together family members and loved ones and then threatens to pit them against each other raising the question of which is thicker: blood or water?
The show brings back Exile Island, where two loved one will battle against each other. The loser will be sent to the island while the winner receives a reward for their tribe and they will have to choose a tribemate to join their loved one.
Every year CBS does their best to find the most watchable players. Here are some interesting facts about this season’s casts. Who will your root for?
Dale Wentworth (55) & Kelley Wentworth (28) – Father and daughter
- Dale is a self-employed farmer from a small town in Washington. His daughter, Kelley left the small town to become a marketing manager in Seattle.
Josh Canfield (32) & Reed Kelly (31) – Dating
- Perhaps the most interesting pair this season, Josh and Reed are both active on Broadway, share a Christian faith and stress that they do not live together. Asked what three things that they would like to have brought to the island the both said “the Bible” as their first choice.
Jeremy Collins (36) & Val Collins (35) – Married
- Jeremy is a firefighter while Va is a police officer. They are both athletic and strong. They just might be the nicest couple this season. We’ll have to see.
Keith Nale (53) & Wes Nale (23) – Father and Son
- Both are firefighters, but ironically, both said that they would have liked to have brought some form of tobacco with them on the trip: smokeless tobacco for Wes, 39 cigars for Keith.
Natalie Anderson (28) & Nadiya Anderson (28) – Sisters
- Natalie is a twin. So is Nadiya. They also competed together on CBS other prime time reality game show, The Amazing Race. Isn’t one game show enough?
Drew Christy (25) & Alec Christy (22) – Brothers
- Drew says that his hobbies consist of traveling, modeling, playing sports…and booze cruising and partying. The humble guy also says that he “seems to pull off the unthinkable with ease.” Alec on the other hand, says that he has no fear and wishes that he could bring a Playboy magazine with him.
John Rocker (39) & Julie McGee (34) – Dating
- John is a former major league baseball player (no word on what he does with his time now). Julie is has created her own spray tan company. They are both disgustingly good-looking.
Jon Misch (26) & Jaclyn Schultz (25) – College Sweethearts
- Jon’s claim to fame was winning a big 10 championship at Michigan State University. For Jaclyn, it was winning the title of Miss Michigan USA 2013. Jaclyn is also unique in that she has MRKH syndrome (born without a uterus) which affects 1 in approximately 4,500 women around the world.
Missy Payne (47) & Baylor Wilson (20) – Mother and Daughter
- Missy is an owner of a competitive cheerleading gym even though she had never been a cheerleader before and Baylor was a winner of the Cheerleading World Championship in 2009.
The 29th season of SURVIVOR premieres Wednesday, September 24 with a special 90-minute episode (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.