No one is perfect… that’s why pencils have erasers. ~ Author Unknown
“What’s wrong with perfectionism?” you ask. “PLENTY,” I answer! … which, by the way, makes perfectionism totally imperfect.
Perfection is often linked with achievement, painstaking awareness to detail. Yet, it often produces procrastination (no point in doing something if I can’t do it perfectly), low self-esteem (if I am not perfect, no one will love me), low-productivity and in some cases obsession compulsive disorders, depression, sexual dysfunction, divorce and eating disorders.
Do or do not … there is no try. ~ Yoda, Star Wars
Life is full of obstacles, is it not? Therefore, life – in it of itself – is imperfect. Trying to be perfect goes against the grain of the natural flow of things, and it results in anxiety and fear of failure.
If perfectionism is interfering with your life, in any way (weigh), shape (pear shaped or apple) or form, I invite you to consider letting go of this potentially dangerous characteristic.
Seven Simple and Imperfect Ways to Crumple Up and Make Messy Your Perfectionism
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Tasty Tidbit: How to Measure Success?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Are Alien Forces Force Feeding You?
- Puzzled? How to Pet a Puppy…on National Eat Junk Day???
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Cucumber Noodles and Feta Salad
- #OneWord Thursday: Do you have the courage to #Dream?
- 70 Wants: Tell Me What YOU Want
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Do You Suffer from Confirmatory Bias Disorder?
- Puzzled? Coffee First, Bastille Day to Follow!
- Eat This : Lose Weight – A Lip-Smackin’ Side of Israeli CousCous
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 #Possibility Quotes that Shatter and Transform