<img alt="ART%20McDonalds.jpg" src="http://blog.beliefnet.com/ourladyofweightloss/ART%20McDonalds.jpg" width="300" height="250" style="float:left;margin7px;"
A “Beef” that I Must Express; Not Suppress – McDonald’s Coupons are Sending an Unsolicited Fat Ripple throughout my Weight Loss Community
by Janice Taylor, Beliefnet blogger!
My Beef with McDonald’s was ignited after reading an e-mail from Our Lady of Weight Loss reader, Gina F.W.
Dear Janice ~ Do you know that Amazon bundled All Is Forgiven, Move On with coupons for McDonald’s southern style chicken sandwiches and breakfast biscuits?
McDonald’s is offering free chicken biscuits and chicken sandwiches, artfully photographed with French fries and Coca-Cola. Of course, you’re not going to go in to pick up your free southern style chicken sandwich without also buying some fries and corn syrup sweetened cola, are you? That’s what the subliminal photo is programming you to do!
Tut, tut. Very naughty and thoughtless of Amazon and McDonald’s to do that, don’t you think? Almost encouraging one to go on a bender before going back on the wagon. I am going to email both amazon.com and McDonald’s and express my concern at their lack of tact. ~ Gina F.W.
Thank you, Gina, for bringing this to my attention. You were the first, but not the last to report the McDonald’s snafu. Others queried: “Are McDonald’s fried foods now an Our Lady of Weight Loss approved item?”
NO – McDonald’s fried foods are not Our Lady of Weight Loss approved.
NO – I didn’t know about this.
YES – I am appalled!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Quotes – Fear Builds Walls Instead of #Bridges
- Creative Bridge Building: 2 Steps from Dreams to Reality
- #KickTush: 5 Happy Steps – Smile and The Scales Of Injustice Will Smile with You?
- Dysfunctional Chef: Sweet Potato Salad
- 12 Quotes: #Depression Robin Williams…Secret Sorrows
- Chewing the Fat: Miss Chocolate Chiffon Calling Your Name?
- Depression: 11 Ways to Reignite Your Joie de Vivre
- Puzzled? What Happens When You Howl at the SuperMoon?
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 Quotes that #SparktheImagination
- What’s Normal? Are You Comfortable In Your Own Skin?