Non-Emotional Spirit Sappers! by Janice Taylor, Life & Wellness Coach and 50 pound big-time-loser. Sometimes things get in our way and weigh us down, stop us from moving forward, muck up the works and inadvertently send us to the fridge, and these things may have nothing whatsoever to do with our emotions.
Some of these non-emotional spiritual sappers fall below our conscious radar and are computed by our subconscious. So take a moment to stop, be aware, look around, listen, and take note. Particularly important to do during the holiday season, when your energy is being pulled in so many different directions! What is seriously sapping your spiritual energy? Your resolve? Your energy?
Our Lady of Weight Loss’s
Top Seven Things that Sap Your Spiritual Energy
1. CLUTTER silently gnaws, bites, and nibbles away at your calm center as it takes up valuable air and space. What to do? Clean up, of course! Make order (humans love order). Read “Miracle of Clearing Proportions.”
2. LOUD NOISES grate, aggravate, annoy and irritate and can wind you up and drive you mad! What to do? Wear ear plugs! From $1 to $187.50
3. AIR POLLUTION can negatively impact on our health, cause coughs, burning eyes, breathing problems and even death (which would surely sap spiritual energy). What to do? True, we have no choice but to breathe, however, we can avoid high-traffic industrialized areas on poor air quality days (my head is spinning that we’ve created such a planet). Protect yourself and the air you breath!
4. DEHYDRATION dries, shrivels and depresses. Our bodies are more than 75 percent water, our blood is more than 80 percent water, our muscles more than 75 percent water and our brains more than 76 percent water! We NEED water to think! What to do? Bottoms up, plain and simple. Drink 6 to 8 glasses every day! Our Lady has plenty to say on the topic!
5. WORRYING clutters the mind, drains, takes up valuable thinking time and carries some heavy-duty negative health effects with it. What to do?Meditate, listen to music, chant!
6. SLEEP DEPRIVATION brings on feelings of irritability, impatience and depression. It weakens the immune system and leaves dark circles on ones eyes. What to do? Get a good night’s rest! (Duh!) Stanford U. has some tips on sleeping!
7. TELEVISION deadens the mind and puts you into a non-active, non-thinking state. You disappear all right, but not in a good way. What to do? Escape into a book. Or into something interactive that teaches. I highly recommend EdHeads.org. Have FUN! Spread the word, NOT the icing,
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville! ” . . . . kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine about Janice
Hey everyone, I was ‘on’ the Pat Farnack Show, WCBS Radio, a few weeks ago. The radio station ‘filmed’ us informally. In other words, they set up a camera and let it roll. There’s no editing, no lighting, no complementary angles, no hair or make-up. It’s me arriving early in the morning … talking for about 8 minutes.If you are curious as to what I have to say, how I look, are a fan of Pat Farnack (she has a lovely radio voice, and is a wonderful person), then hit the play button!!! Let me know what you think! Spread the word … NOT the icing,Janice
Ho, Ho – Hold on there! I know … it’s easy to throw your hands up in the air and say, “It’s okay. It’s the holidays. I’ll straighten up and eat right in January.”
But will you get a handle on things come the New Year? And if you do, how much damage will you have suffered? Make a conscious choice.
Think it through. How will the Scales of Injustice register post holiday? Up, down, sideways? Do you want to lose weight? Maintain? Is it okay to gain a pound or two? There’s no right or wrong answer. It’s your choice. Face the food, head on.
Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or just stay healthy, to get you through this holiday season Our Lady wants you to keep her Top Ten Holiday Commandments in mind. 10 commandments printout 2008.pdf. Sometimes a simple reminder is all you need.
The Our Lady of Weight Loss Ten Holiday Commandments Thou shalt honor thy body and believe in thyself.
Be kind, loving and forgiving to yourself, first and foremost – always. Thou shalt never leave home hungry.
Eat something before the party. A salad, some fruit, even an egg will do. And plenty of water and/or seltzer. Thou shalt stay clear of the buffet table.
Get away from the food. Why torture yourself? Socialize – have a fun conversation! Thou shalt not deny thyself a treat or two now and then.
Fill up your plate with Our Lady approved foods, and leave a little space for your favorite treat. Too much denial isn’t a good thing. Thou shalt recycle food gifts.
Quick, fast – before you change your mind. Give the candy, the cakes, the food away. Thou shalt keep thy hands busy.
Try knitting, crocheting, cutting & pasting, needlepoint, draw, write – anything to keep your hands busy. Give your creations as gifts! Thou shalt stay clear of sweat pants.
Wear snug clothing. No room for expansion, no sweats please! Thou shalt walk – a lot!
Ask Santa for a pedometer for Christmas. And then use it! Thou shalt drink enough Holy Water to frighten Noah and map out all the restrooms in thy village.
Drink up – water that is. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s plate.
I’m still wrapped up, more or less, in Oprah’s 200 pounds. I can’t stop thinking about her process, and wondering what she might have thought or felt the first time a zipper busted along her 40 pound weight GAIN journey. Yup, quite the journey!
Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m not coming from a judgmental place. I mean, I’ve been there. Oh yeah! More than once. More than twice. I’ve yo’yo’ed my share! I’m in sympathy with Oprah and at the same time I really want to give her one mighty KICK in the TUSH!!!
So, while I say “Oprah, wow, you must feel really crappy; and wow! It must be really hard for you to be center weight loss stage again!” I also want to say, “Oprah, what were you thinking? Clearly, you haven’t been paying attention to anything that I’ve been saying. The first rule of permanent fat removal is to make your home your safe haven. And you did NOT!” Permanent Fat Removal Tip #1 – Guaranteed to Save you at Least 10 Pounds Worth of Fatty Upset … MAKE YOUR HOME YOUR SAFE HAVEN.
If the Devil’s food knows your name and calls out to you, teasing you and tempting you, and you feel compelled to answer it, touch it, lick it, or nibble on it, best get rid of it NOW!
I realize that this may be a jarring thought. Perhaps your relationship with cake has been your most successful and long-standing relationship to date, and you are reluctant to give it up. Permit me to assure you that you will survive. While separation anxiety can be painful, it will pass, allowing you to go into the ‘lite.’
Keeping your home clear of these items; in essence making your home a safe haven affords you an opportunity to establish healthy, solid habits. It is essential that you create an environment that supports your permanent fat removal efforts; a place where you are as free as possible from excessive food thoughts.
Now, give the Twinkie, the Devil’s food, or that chocolate bar that you have hidden in the back of your refrigerator to your neighbor or the doorman, or donate it to your local church or ship it overseas.
(FYI … More great fat burning steps available in: ALL IS FORGIVEN, MOVE ON, the best permanent fat removal book ever! And yes, 190 pounds of weight loss tips to come from me to you and Oprah!
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Janice Taylor is a Life & Wellness Coach, Cert. Hypnotist, author, columnist, seminar leader and 50 pound big-time-loser.
Want a free Weight Loss Consult?
"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'" ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.