Guilt is an emotional experience that occurs when a person believes that he or she has violated a moral standard.
Oh MY! ALL I did was have a little piece of cake!
Guilt a.k.a. Dieter’s Shame is the lack of ability to forgive oneself for an alleged wrongdoing.
You have done something (perhaps you ate the entire bag of chips before you even got to the check-out counter), thought something (you want chocolate more than anything and will do anything – even drive 50 miles if you have to – to get your hands on a bar, especially dark chocolate), or felt something (you feel sad and lonely now that Betty Crocker no longer lives with you) . . .that you believe to be ‘bad.’
These alleged crimes and misdemeanors have a mysterious hold on you (me, too, by the way). We are swimming in guilt (backstroke, anyone?), because we cannot forgive ourselves.
Are you ready to let go of the suffering?
Here’s some food for thought (calorie-free, fat-free, carb-free – no need to feel guilty-free) about guilt.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 9 Steps to Waking Up Happy!!!
- Puzzled? Can You Wake Up Happy?
- #OneWord Thursday: #Money #Money #Money – Show Me the $$$
- Couch Potato’s Dream: Burn Calories While Watching Movies
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 5 Tax Day Money Rituals Sure to Manifest Mammoth Returns
- Puzzled? A Tax Day Full Moon Money Ritual !!!
- Puzzled? Grackles are Fat, too?
- Wisdom Wednesday: 6 Steps to Calm and Content
- #KickTush Tuesday: 5 Ways to a Beautifully Landscaped Interior
- #OneWord Thursday: Have #Patience, Know Thy Grass