There a multitude of self-help books in the marketplace that speak to the idea of self-acceptance, self-worth, self-love – in fact – I’ve authored two of them! And with that in mind, I have to say that Howard Glasser’s new book – “You Are Oprah: Igniting the Fires of Greatness” – can and does ‘ignite the fires within.’
In “You Are Oprah,” Howard Glasser speaks to how you can step into a new world of radical appreciation and greatness, shift your energy to recreate the life and relationships you want, how to ignite greatness in anyone – your spouse, children, clients, colleagues, customers, even strangers – and oh yes, in yourself!
In terms of “permanent fat removal” (my favorite topic), Howard does speak to the idea that we don’t have to stuff down or energize our WMDs – Worries, Misery, Doubts. Instead, we can learn how to use the intensity of those emotions to propel ourselves forward and into even greater greatness, not fear. Very useful information!
I asked Howard if he would be so kind as to send me his “Top Eight to Being Great.” Something easily digestible and wholly positive to start us on our journey to live our best lives; something that would help us to reach for and claim our greatness, and he did!
Top Eight to Being Great
Conventional wisdom says we have to earn greatness. But greatness comes from within; it’s a state of being. Most of us have met someone who does great things, but can’t accept or appreciate their accomplishments. “Miracles won’t cure your unbelief,” Jesus said, so let’s begin within to ignite our own greatness.
Imagine this eight-point list as a progressive upward spiral.
1. Accept It: Your greatness is inherent, inborn, a birth right of being human, a gift of the Creator. Rejecting this self-evident truth doesn’t negate it; but it negates your power to express your greatness. It takes a lot of energy to hide from the truth: You are a unique expression of the creator’s greatness.
2. See It: Train yourself in the art of answering this question, “What’s going right here?” Choose to see the things you think, say and do that are right, the things that are going right. Choose to see the things that aren’t going wrong that could be going wrong. It is an art; and like all art forms, it requires practice. The Greatness Practice.
3. Think It: Choose to dwell, to linger, to consider everything that’s right that you’ve diligently trained your new eyes to see. Rather than ruminating on your impatience, you choose to dwell on the split-second of patience prior to impatience. That’s using your energetic power to expand your patience, to ignite your greatness. Miracles from Molecules.
4. Appreciate It: Choose to be grateful for the greatness and goodness that you are now able to see. Express your thankfulness. There are always deeper levels of gratefulness to explore. Prior to the Twin Towers falling, how much did you appreciate that they were standing?
5. Feel It: Emotions are so powerful that they sometimes scare us. So we try to stuff, deny or outrun them. But feelings come from our hearts, and our hearts are the vehicle for transmitting greatness. The lie is that we have to act on our feelings. The truth is that we need only feel them. Feel them with every cell of your body, and you’ll be tapping your life force.
6. Do It: When you accept your inherent greatness, and practice seeing it, thinking it and feeling it, there’s no stopping you from manifesting greatness in your actions. You’re the force of unstoppable greatness at home, at work and in your relationships.
7. Be It: Consistently choosing the Greatness Practice eventually becomes you. You’re no longer concerned about “doing it” or “doing it right,” you simply are. It is an internal state of being in complete alignment of spirit, soul and body
8. Live It: The final stage is self-transformation and co-creation. Your soul gets to fulfill itself and bring your greatness to the world as a manifestation of who you really are.
Greatness is an energy. The Greatness Practice is not about changing; it’s about choosing. Greatness is in our small choices. As you choose greatness, you’ll discover a playground of godly qualities waiting for your conscious energizing in yourself and others.
Hungry for more weight loss magic?
9 Happy Weight Loss Tips from the patron saint of permanent fat removal
Biggest Winner Loser: Helen Phillips’ Big Win?
Liquid Calories: Evil, Alluring and Dangerous!
Join with Janice and OLofWL! June 7-12!!! HURRY!!!!
Our Lady of Weight Loss EnLIGHTens
@ Omega Institute for Holistic Studies
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Follow Janice on Twitter:
Janice Taylor is a Life & Wellness Coach, specializing in weight loss, reinvention, transformation & happiness, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
“Janice Taylor is a certain kind of kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- 26 Thanksgiving Quotes — After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
- SAY WHAT? Student Refuses To Be Weighed; Sent to Principal
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: How to Lose 10 Pounds in 3 Minutes?
- Puzzled? A Sinfully Satisfying Thanksgiving Guide!
- Thanksgiving QUIZ: How Ill-Mannered Are YOU?
- Peeved! OLD NAVY CHARGES MORE FOR PLUS-SIZE CLOTHES!
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Hot off The Griddle Banana, Peanut Butter Sandwich
- #OneWord Thursday: #Reality Can Be Beaten With Enough Imagination.
- You Cannot Hate Yourself This, Can You?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Beware the Slippery Slope