Are you stressed? Irritable? Having trouble sleeping? Do you feel like screaming? Crying? Pouring a jug of water over your boss’s head?
We all feel stressed from time to time, so it is essential to have an arsenal of coping mechanisms at hand. Instead of heading for the refrigerator, here are some stress management tips that should help ease the pressures of life!
Breathe. No kidding! Taking in a few deep cleansing breaths and slowing down does wonders. Are you ready? Breathe deep…. inhale, exhale. Ahhhhhh.
Change your routine. Shake it up baby. If you’ve been sitting all day, get up! Let’s get physical! Stretch. Walk. And … if you’ve been lifting heavy boxes (anyone out there lifting???), then sit down and take a load off. Think deep thoughts.
Keep things in perspective. When you find yourself in an emotional twist, ask yourself … “Will this matter in ten years? Five years? Tomorrow? In ten minutes?”
Smile and Laugh. Every chance you get. (Laugh lines are sexy!)
Add Vitamin C to your diet. Studies show that vitamin C knocks out the secretion of stress hormones.
Pray. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. ~ Isaiah 26:3 KJV
Chant: Aum Mani Padme Hum (pronounced “Om mahnay pahdmay hoom”). The most popular translation is “Hail the Jewel in the Lotus.”
More ways to rid thyself of stress!
American Idol: 6 Stress Busting Snacks
The Power of Affirmations
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Follow Janice on Twitter:
Janice Taylor is a Life & Wellness Coach, specializing in weight loss, reinvention, transformation & happiness, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
“Janice Taylor is a certain kind of kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- #OneWord Thursday: 12 Ways to Fuel #Abundance
- A Quick Fix!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Autumnal Hypnagogia – How to touch the sun, reach for the stars, open your heart, follow your dreams!
- Puzzled? A JigSaw Mind Twister – “You Can Never Lick Cake”
- Eat This: Be Happy – 6 Super Mood Boosters