Did you hear? Elizabeth Hasselbeck, co-host of ABC’s The View, and author the diet book “The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide” is being sued for copyright infringement by Susan Hassett. Hassett says that Hasselbeck helped herself to substantial portions, pieces, parts, and lists of heavily researched information from her self-published book “Living with Celiac Disease,” which Hassett kindly sent her in April 2008, when she heard that Hasselbeck had Celiac Disease.
The complaint reads that Ms. Hasselbeck’s book, The G-Free Diet, “includes dozens of paraphrased as well as word for word regurgitations of phrases and scrupulously researched factual data entries” and “utilizes a virtually identical order and format of 13 chapters.”
Hasselbeck’s attorney made a statement. ” . . . . there is no basis for the allegations in the Complaint as published in the press. Ms. Hasselbeck worked diligently and tirelessly on her book and is disappointed in this attempt to discredit her work and her ability to bring this important message to the public.”
More celebrity weight:
Kirstie Alley: Stuck in a fat suit?
Is Oprah hypnotizing you?
Star Jones: Depressed. Addict. Honest.
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Interested in Our Lady’s art (illustrated by Janice Taylor?
Curious about one-on-one coaching?
Follow Janice on Twitter:
Janice Taylor is a Health & Wellness Coach, specializing in weight loss, reinvention, transformation & happiness, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER!
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
“Janice Taylor is a certain kind of kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Double Feature: Sweet Surrender Guide to Halloween and No Sugar Halloween Treats
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Halloween, Primary Point of Entry to the Holiday Season?
- Puzzled? Dark, Dangerous, Spooktacular Bats!
- Eat This: Be Smart – You Don’t Have to Be Einstein Tuna Casserole
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- #OneWord Thursday: 12 Ways to Fuel #Abundance