Set Your Table for Change!
Here are some great fat melting tips from Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Arsenal for Mass Reduction … and an excellent excuse (or reason) to go shopping!
Use dark, small plates! Studies show that people will eat whatever is put in front of them and, in fact, they are actually left feeling more satisfied when using salad sized plates instead of dinner plates. In addition, using dark plates diminishes appetite.
In keeping with the ‘keep me in the dark’ theme, opt for a dark blue or black tablecloth or place-mats.
Use tall, skinny drinking glasses (vs. short and wide glasses). Researchers at the University of Illinois found that we will pour less into tall, skinny glasses than short and wide glasses, even though they hold the same amount of liquid.
Fill two vases with fresh flowers. The first for your dining room table – to create a beautiful and relaxing experience. Choose flowers that delight and feed your soul. The second one should be filled with fresh RED flowers and placed in the entrance to your home. The red flowers with infuse you with energy upon entering and inspire you to cook up something fabulous on your clean stove. (It is clean, isn’t it? Clean stoves give off good energy.)
Candles are always a nice touch for the table. Watch the flames flicker. Hypnotize yourself. “I am feeling quite sated now with one perfectly sized plate of delicious food.”
More from Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Arsenal of Mass Reduction:
Belly Fat Cure
In need of Comfort Food?
Top 10 Tips on How to Be Fabulous
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Interested in Our Lady’s art (illustrated by Janice Taylor?
Curious about one-on-one coaching?
Follow Janice on Twitter:
Janice Taylor is a Health & Wellness Coach, specializing in weight loss, reinvention, transformation & happiness, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER!
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
“Janice Taylor is a certain kind of kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Eat This: Be Smart – You Don’t Have to Be Einstein Tuna Casserole
- #OneWord Thursday: 13 (a baker’s dozen) Quotes to Ignite Your #Inner-Child
- Our Lady of Weight Loss’s A Baker’s Dozen: Thirteen Ways to Reward Yourself at the End of a Hard Day as you Revel in the Glory of Your Greatness!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Turnips, Weight Loss Handicaps and Gym Bunnies?
- Puzzled? She Pulled a Rabbit Out of Her Hat?
- Eat This: Be Happy – Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- #OneWord Thursday: 12 Ways to Fuel #Abundance
- A Quick Fix!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Autumnal Hypnagogia – How to touch the sun, reach for the stars, open your heart, follow your dreams!
- Puzzled? A JigSaw Mind Twister – “You Can Never Lick Cake”