Recently, a client confessed that the number on the scales of injustice determines her mood for the day. She is not alone, is she? For those who have way too much invested in “that” number, here are some tips on the highs n’ lows of weighing in.
5 Happy Steps: Smile and The Scales Of Injustice Will Smile with You?
1. Morning! If you are going to weigh yourself, do it first thing in the morning, when you are on “empty,” before you drink, eat or even breathe in too much air! Naked, of course. Be sure to find the right spot on the floor. Note the number on the scales of injustice and then let it go. No matter the number. Let it go. Let it go. Let it go.
2. Note it! Whatever the number, high, low or the same, note it. Do not give it emotional juice. Do not feed your weighty reaction. The numbers can be and are deceptive. They can bounce as much as 5 pounds in one day.
3. Do the Math! Remembering that a pound equals 3,500 calories, could you have eaten over 17,000 extra calories in one day? Not likely. It’s difficult to gain or lose 5 pounds of excess weight in one day.
4. Weigh Less: Be More! You, dear Tushkateer, devotee of Our Lady of Weight Loss, are more than a number on the scale. Shift your focus to the positive changes that you are making. Zero in on how you are beginning to feel differently about yourself.
5. Smile! As you weigh yourself, whether it’s daily or weekly or monthly, at the same time, say something positive, encouraging, maybe even loving to yourself. Smile and the scales of injustice will smile with you!
I hope this attitude adjustment helps you to laugh it up while you are slimming down!
Share your happy scale tips below or join Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club/FB.
For the full skinny as well as Anti-Gravity Specials, sign up for Janice Taylor’s (monthly) Kick in the Tush Club newsletter!
Spread the Word-–NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor, Anti-Gravity Coach
Weight Loss Expert, Author, Artist, Positarian
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom,
visit Janice: Our Lady of Weight Loss
Sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club newsletter!