Whether or not you’ve a parrot atop your head, you’ll want to read this tasty tidbit about The Pineapple, and then you will definitely want to click through this week’s inspired and inspiring Weight Loss JigSaw Puzzle, “How to Pick a Pineapple With a Bird on Your Head.” Pineapples are juicy, delicious and good for you, too. They are loaded with fiber, manganese (a mineral that helps with digestion), and vitamin C, which is helpful when fighting colds and coughs.
Pineapples also contain an anti-inflammatory enzyme called Bromelain. (Ah yes, the secret, restorative ingredient that YOU really do need; don’t you?)
Bromelain helps to:
- Reduce inflammation and swelling,
- Strengthen bones,
- Reduce symptoms associated with sinusitis,
- Alleviate symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis,
- Promote the healing of injuries (including sprains and strains),
- Lessen post-operative swelling, and
- Relieve Indigestion.
- A pineapple will NOT ripen or get any sweeter after picking.
- Hawaiian pineapples are picked at their maximum ripeness; therefore the sooner they are eaten, the better.
- If you don’t plan to eat the pineapple right away, store it in your fridge.
- Select a plump and fresh looking pineapple.
- Contrary to popular belief, the COLOR is not a sign of maturity or ripeness. The pineapple could be ripe, even if it is green on the outside.
- Ease in pulling out leaves from the crown is NOT a sign of ripeness or good quality (oh my, I am always pulling the leaves!).
- Bigger does not mean better tasting!
How to Pick YOUR Pineapple:
- Choose a plump and fresh looking pineapple.
- Fresh green leaves in the crown are a good sign.
- The body should be firm, but not too firm!
- And definitely NOT soft!
For (almost) daily motivational musings from our country’s premiere Anti-Gravity Coach, Janice Taylor (that’s me), join Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club/FB!
For the full skinny as well as Anti-Gravity Specials, sign up for Janice Taylor’s (monthly) Kick in the Tush Club newsletter!
Spread the word–NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor, Anti-Gravity Coach™, Positarian, Author, Artist
buoyant * magnetic * luminous
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom,
visit Janice: Our Lady of Weight Loss
Sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-newsletters