JUDGING Machines: Me (for sure) and YOU, too???
I suspect that when you pay attention to your thoughts and note each and every time you judge something, judge anything (from … the coffee is good – to- oh no, it’s gray outside – to- I ate too much), you will find that there’s a whole lotta’ judging going on.
Instead of labeling things as ‘good’ or ‘bad,’ simply accept them; accept the ‘is-ness’ of things, the ‘is-ness’ of life. Note the judgment and repeat to yourself, it is neither good nor bad, ‘it just is.’ When you move to this place of balance, you can alleviate the push n’ pull, the ups n’ downs, the to and fro’s of good vs. bad.
‘It just is’ is a place of balance. And in this place of balance you will not only learn to accept things the way that they are, you will also see things in an entirely new light and with it your judgements will dissipate into thin air!
You no longer expect people to act in a certain way, for you to be a certain way; you are now free to simply take things as they come and be content with whatever ‘is.’ Leave judgment and disappointment behind.
...A STEP by STEP Guide to Living a JUDGMENT FREE Life!
It is neither a good approach, nor a bad approach. It just is … an approach. Approach it.
1. AWARENESS First, Always. Note when you make judgments. Any and all judgments of any and all kinds.
2. IT. JUST. IS. Pause. Take in a deep breath. On the in breath say, “It just…” / On the outbreath say, “is…” .
3. SEE. See the landscape of your life without the judgment and expectation filters.
4. ACCEPT IT. Accept life as it ‘is.’ Accept people for who they are (without judgment/without expectation). Accept yourself.
5. PRACTICE IS’Ness. Accept yourself, accept others, accept the way things are … again and again and again.
6. BE. Be in the present moment, knowing that this moment contains infinite possibilities, and these possibilities are open to you, just as they are – without layers of judgment or expectations.
I hope that this week’s KICK helps to alleviate judgment, alleviate optional suffering, and frees us all just a tiny bit more to fully jump into and enjoy life! La Vida Loca! (For your viewing pleasure: La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin; a flashback moment!)
For more way to live La Vida Loca, as well as utterly useful information and for (almost) DAILY KICKS in YOUR TUSH, join Our Lady of Weight Loss’s KITT Club/FB !
Spread the word–NOT the icing,
Janice Taylor, Life & Happiness Coach, Author, Artist, Positarian
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom,
visit Janice: Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-newsletter!