Helloooo Tushkateers, Devotees of Our Lady of Weight Loss, Friendly Readers,
While leafing through a stack of vintage magazines, I happened upon a recipe in the Good Housekeeping, September 1963 issue that captured my imagination and inspired me host a ‘vintage’ potluck dinner. (Date to be determined; post holiday for sure!)
Hot Doggities ~
Steamy on the inside, crunchy on the outside.
Three (3) ingredients and a stick! Right up my simple cookin’ aisle!
“Bake up a batch, see ‘em disappear.”
~ Good Housekeeping, Sept. 1963
- HotDogs (circa 1963-full fat…circa 2013-Tofu Dogs, 97% fat-free dogs, Chicken Franks or Turkey Franks!
- 1/2 cup Heinz Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Kellogg’s Corn Flake Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Score surface frankfurters lightly, spiraling from end to end. Insert wood skewers for extra fun eating!
- Roll each frankfurter in ketchup, then coat generously with corn flake crumbs.
- Place in foil-lined shallow baking pan. Do not crowd.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with additional ketchup, if desired.
For more 60′s inspired recipes, happy living and all things retro and current, join Our Lady of Weight Loss’s KICK in the TUSH Club/FB!
Spread the word–NOT the icing,
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Kick in the Tush Club/Facebook