As we head into August (could you believe? OMG, time flies), the heart and soul of the summer, I thought it a good time to share Our Lady of Weight Loss‘s 10 Best Summer Weight Loss Tips! Read through, ingest, and see which ones best fit you! And then, pass them forward.
1. Walking Meditation. Tune Into Yourself. A walking meditation is your basic slow, run-of-the-mill walk, with awareness. It invigorates the tired soul!!
How to … Stay mindful of your step – your rhythm, the sound. If your mind wanders (and it invariably will), gently bring your attention back to your walking.
2. Turn the Air-Conditioner Off at Meal Times. During the summer months, our bodies naturally crave more liquids than food. So, by turning off your air-conditioner at meal time, you will eat less, conserve energy and lower your electric bill! It’s a win, win, win.
3. Keep a Summer Weight Loss Scrapbook – In addition to tracking your food (statistics show that those who, lose faster), you can add quotes, recipes, and fun summer time photos. It will keep you focused on the positive, get your ‘upward spiral’ in motion and at the end of the summer, you will have an amazing memento of the best summer ever!
4. Shoot for Last. There seem to be more ‘dining out’ challenges during the warm months. A good way to eat less is to wait until everyone else is served before you start eating. And then, chew slowly, making sure that you are the last one to finish! Make it a part of your summertime strategy and you will eat less and lose more, for sure!
5. Focus on What Your Body Can DO! Instead of zeroing in on your self-perceived flaws, how about engaging in some fun physical activities, such as golf, tennis, badminton or even croquet, so that you can begin to appreciate what your body can do! Do you get it? Your body is amazing!
6. Get Dirty … and Stress Less. To improve your stress level, plant a small garden, cultivate a flower box, or if space is really limited, plant a few flower pots — indoors or out. Just putting your hands in soil is “grounding.” And when life feels like you’re moving so fast your feet are barely touching the stuff, being mentally grounded can help relieve physical and mental stress.
7. Be Good to Your Eyes. To protect your vision at work and at play, wear protective eyewear. When outdoors, wear sunglasses that block at least 99% of ultraviolet A and B rays. Sunglasses can help prevent cataracts, as well as wrinkles around the eyes.
And when playing sports or doing tasks such as mowing the lawn, wear protective eyewear. Ask your eye doctor about the best type; some are sport-specific.
8. Develop Your Own Summertime Style. Just for the fun of it (fun being the operative word), why not ‘try on’ a new style this summer. Experiment with colors that you wouldn’t normally wear, and styles too. Hey, you never know!
9. Toss a Healthy Snack in Your Bag! Since you’re likely to be out more during the summer, you might find yourself in need of a healthy snack. Just as I always toss my keys, cell phone, and lipstick in my bag, so goes a piece of fruit! Make it a healthy habit!
10. Beach Time Visualization. Imagine the stress of the day, week and month along with anything else that might be weighing you down, going out with the tide. Breathe in experience; breathe out poetry!
Spread the word–NOT the icing!
Dictated but not read by OLWL. Excuse all typos!
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Kick in the Tush Club/Facebook