Because thoughts come from our head, and said thoughts tend to be loud (very loud), we are inclined to live there – in our heads.
What happens when we live in our heads?
We disconnect from our bodies. That’s what happens! We disconnect from our bodies. We lose touch with our bodies and the fact is - yes it is a fact – that our bodies know us better than our minds do.
Imagine that … just for a moment. Your body knows you better than your mind knows you. Our thoughts are often skewed and out right wrong. But our bodies? Our bodies don’t lie to us. Our bodies are never wrong.
What we need to do is shift our attention from our ‘head’ thoughts and move it to our bodies. Notice your breath. Are you breathing? Deeply or barely at all? Scan your body. Are your muscles tense? Where are the knots? Where is the energy blocked?
Your body feels good when she (or he) is happy. Your body is the source of your vitality, your intuition, your enthusiasm; and it is the source of your motivation.
You want to know how to stay motivated, don’t you?
Tap into your body. Breathe deeply. Stretch. Release the tension. And ask your body, “Body, dear sweet body, that is under-appreciated for all that you do for me, what do you want?”
Listen to your body.
#OneWord Thursday – 10 Quotes that Inspire the #Body
1. Our own physical body possesses a wisdom, which we who inhabit the body lack. We give it orders, which make no sense. ~ Henry Miller
2. The word arse is as much god as the word face. It must be so, otherwise you cut off your god at the waist. ~ D.H. Lawrence
3. Man is an intelligence in servitude to his organs. ~ Aldous Huxley
4. The body never lies. ~ Martha Graham
5. Your heart knows not how to lie. It is great that it lays deep in your chest and not in your mouth. ~ Kak Sri
6. Emotion always has its roots in the unconscious and manifests itself in the body.
~ Irene Claremont de Castillejo
7. Our bodies are apt to be our autobiographies. ~ Frank Gillette Burges
8. Few of us have lost our minds, but most of us have long ago lost our bodies. ~ Ken Wilbur
9. I love the body. Flesh is so honest, and organs do not lie. ~ Terri Guillemets
10. If you do not care for your body, do tell … where will your soul live? ~ Janice Taylor
Which quote resonates most with your body?
Do you have another to share? Please inspire the body today!
For more inspired quotes that motivate, visit: Our Lady’s FACEBOOK/Kick in the Tush Club Chapter!
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
wise * fun * utterly useful
Dictated but not read by OLWL. Excuse all typos!
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Kick in the Tush Club/Facebook