Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries. – Astrid Alauda
Tushkateers! Howdy CowGirls & CowBoys! I’m writing to you from my beloved Tucson, in Cowgirl Desert mode. (Confession: Every single time I write out desert, I think about dessert. Swear to OLWL. Dessert Mode, Pie a la Mode…Oy Vey, the mind of a food addict.)
… Being away from the hustle n’ bustle of NYC, settling into the quiet, dusty town of Tucson recharges my battery, puts “zippidy doo dah” back into my step–generally speaking, it Refreshes My Energy!!! Which miraculously leads me to the beautiful, curvaceous body of today’s KICK: 21 Full Bodied & Curvaceous Ways to Reenergize!
Feel free to try on and step into these various ways to re-energize thyself. Let us know which fit the best, and then add to the list! Best way to do that, I think (can you smell the wood burning? I’m thinking! HA!!!) is to go to the Facebook/Kick in the Tush Club chapter, where you’ll find a link to this fully loaded Kick–and leave comment(s) there! Okay? Okay!!!
21 Full Bodied & Curvaceous Ways to Reenergize!
- Go Crazy! Sing, chant, hum, dance, prance, bang your drums, run in circles, skip and/or walk backwards. Do what you have to do to shake the doldrums out of you! We don’t want anything to get in the way of you claiming what’s yours! For your humming and dancing pleasure, try: Neil Patrick Harris dreams BOLLYWOOD
- Add a hint of RED! As Bill Blass says, “When in doubt, wear RED!” Red is the most energizing of all colors. Just a hint of red will do; no need to dip your entire body in it! Try wearing a pair of red earrings, a red scarf, or even a red pocket square. (I’m tempted to make RED ENERGY PINS!!! Little blocks of OLWL RED, sure to energize and burn fat! Want one? Let me know if you are willing to pay a few bucks and I’ll make you one, with secret red ingredients!!!)
- Splash Cold Water in Your Face! A quick splash of cold water, first thing in the morning, may energize you even better than a cup of caffeinated coffee! No kidding. OR–try the two together!
- A Peppermint Refresher! The strong smells of peppermint will not only wake you up, but it will help you to move throughout your day more quickly and efficiently. Keep a bottle of essential peppermint oil in your purse or draw at work for a quick pick-me-up! Sniff, sniff!!!
- Aroma-Energy-SNIFF DEEP! If Peppermint’s not your thing, worry not. There are other aromatherapy oils that can give a quick boost to your energy levels. Here’s an energy-refreshing recipe that will get you moving, shaking and loving life! On a cotton ball, place two drops of lavender and one drop of basil on a cotton ball. Sniff deep!
- H20 a.k.a. WATER (if you skipped Chemistry class in high school)! Human beings are made up of approximately 70 percent water. If you are not drinking enough, if you are dehydrated, then your body slows its circulation and, in turn, your energy goes a tumbling on down. Drink a glass right now, so that you are energized while reading the rest of these incredibly energizing tips! Bottom’s up!
- Watch a Funny Movie! Watching funny movies decreases certain stress-related hormones! Stress slows us and drains us. Laughter energizes us. Enough said? Make a list of your top 10 funny movies, now! And watch them.
- Flowers! Flowers are indeed another one of life’s miracles! They have a wonderfully bright, positive and warm energy that can lighten and energize any room and/or person. Try putting a white vase with red or pink flowers on your bedside table and just see how energy arises.
- Rub Your Ears! Did you know that by stimulating certain pressure points on your ear, you can increase blood circulation and energize your entire body? True enough! Vigorously rub your ears for one minute and feel the energy flow.
- Embrace Imperfection! Trying to be perfect can be exhausting, and it can lower glucose levels in your brain, making it that much more difficult to function!!! When your ‘perfection gene’ gets activated, remember to ‘embrace imperfection.’ What a relief! Enjoy the wave of peaceful and calm energy that now flows through you.
- Breathe! Most people are ‘shallow breathers.’ This type of breathing causes carbon dioxide to build up in your blood and make you dozy, snoozy and lethargic. By taking in a few deep breathes, you will get the oxygen moving through your system again. This will help you to become alert!
- S-T-R-E-T-C-H ! Stand up, get on your toes, and lift your fingertips to the ceiling. Go ahead … S T R E T C H!!! Feel the pull in your calves, your abdomen, your shoulders, your arms and your legs! Congratulations! You have just activated almost every muscle in your body! Wow!!!
- Sleep in the Dark! To ensure full cycles of sleep, make your bedroom as dark as possible. Light inhibits melatonin secretions, and thus it resets the biological clock, making us tired. If you don’t have enough blinds, shades or curtains to make it dark, try a sleeping mask. I’ve got a leopard one!!! Makes it even more fun and fun is always energizing.
- Stand Straight – Sit Straight! Slouching can cause your brain to receive up to 30% less blood and oxygen. It also compresses your internal organs, compromising their efficiency. Hunching over your computer promotes shallow breathing. Oh, it’s a vicious cycle.
- Redecorate. Changing the colors of your four walls can give your home and you a much-needed lift. Or – if you don’t want to paint – try repositioning your furniture to get the ‘chi’ (energy) moving throughout your home.
- Fat Head! Approximately 50-60% of your brain is pure fat. The fat serves as insulation for your brain’s billions of nerve cells. The better insulated the cells, the faster your brain sends messages and the speedier your thinking. Eat a mix of healthy fats for energy and productivity! Here are few excellent choices: Wild Salmon, Mackerel, Anchovies, Dark Green Leafy Vegetables, Avocado.
- Silence, Please! Spend one day a month in total silence! It may seem difficult at first, but I guarantee that you will find it refreshing and energizing. Imagine, just for a moment, what it might be like to give the ‘chatterbox’ in your head a rest!!!
- Walk! A simple, quick walk around the block can do wonders for your energy level. The fresh air and movement prove a mighty combo. It gets your heart a pumpin’, and once again, the blood rushes to your brain, energizing those tired, slumping brain cells!
- Let the Light Shine In! Studies show that 20 minutes of sunlight can make all the difference. If the weather’s bad, or you’re housebound, go sit by the window! Open your blinds. Let the sunshine in and smile.
- Smile, yes smile! Smiling lowers your blood pressure, helps you to relax, relieves stress, exercises 15-26 facial muscles, makes you look younger as it lifts the face and it fires up various parts of your brain.
- Socialize! One of the most special and best things about being a human being is that we are social animals. We thrive by interacting, by supporting, by being with each other. So don’t short-circuit your energy by hanging solo. Shared energy is the best energy. Join the Kick in the Tush Club! (on Facebook to receive your weekly e-newsletter or hey, both!!! Double energy!!! Woo hoo!!!
For more ways to energize–sign up for my workshop at Rowe Camp & Conference — FEED YOUR SOUL, CHANGE YOUR WEIGHT–the weekend of March 29-31 at Rowe Camp and Conference Center, in Rowe, Massachusetts (the Berkshire Mountains; unbelievably, stunningly beautiful) for what is sure to be a mind changing, life changing, enlivening experience. Feed Your Soul at Rowe!
Spread the word–NOT the icing!
PS: Dictated by Our Lady of Weight Loss but NOT Read. Excuse typos.
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat:Kick in the Tush Club/Facebook