Whether you are trying to lose weight, maintain or just stay healthy, making your way through the holiday season can be a challenge, which is why Our Lady of Weight Loss instructed me to roll out her Ten Commandments of Holiday Weight Loss.
from Our Lady of Weight Loss, the patron saint of permanent fat removal.
- Thou shalt honor thy body and believe in thyself.
Be kind, loving and forgiving to yourself, first and foremost – always.
- Thou shalt never leave home hungry.
Eat something before the party. A salad, some fruit, even an egg will do. And plenty of water and/or seltzer.
- Thou shalt stay clear of the buffet table.
Get away from the food. Why torture yourself? Socialize – have a fun conversation!
- Thou shalt not deny thyself a treat or two now and then.
Fill up your plate with Our Lady approved foods, and leave a little space for your favorite treat. Too much denial isn’t a good thing.
- Thou shalt recycle food gifts.
Quick, fast – before you change your mind. Give the candy, the cakes, the food away.
- Thou shalt keep thy hands busy.
Try knitting, crocheting, cutting & pasting, needlepoint, draw, write – anything to keep your hands busy. Give your creations as gifts!
- Thou shalt stay clear of sweat pants.
Wear snug clothing. No room for expansion, no sweats please!
- Thou shalt walk – a lot!
Ask Santa for a pedometer for Christmas. And then use it!
- Thou shalt drink enough Holy Water to frighten Noah and map out all the restrooms in thy village.
Drink up – water that is.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s plate.For more holiday weight loss wisdom, visit Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club/Facebook!
Spread the word–NOT the icing!
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Facebook/ a KICK in the TUSH CLUB