This dish is so good, it takes all kinds of restraint NOT to eat it before it hits the table, which frankly I seem to be lacking. I’d be lost without my duct tape (hilarious video!)! It is DIVINE! I dare you to try it!
Oh…and it’s Holiday Worthy, too!
6 black figs; halved
2 c red wine (always cook with wine you can drink!)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp brown or raw sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp whole peppercorn
3 whole cloves
1/2 c part skim ricotta cheese
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- In medium sauce pan, combine figs, red wine, vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, peppercorns and cloves. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until figs are tender.
- Remove figs and continue to reduce red wine mixture until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain syrup and return figs to reheat.
- Combine ricotta cheese and vanilla extract.
To serve, put a dollop of the ricotta cheese in a bowl. Top with poached figs and add two tablespoons of the syrup over figs.
For more delish conversation that sticks to the ribs, visit: Kick in the Tush Club/Facebook!
Spread the word…NOT the icing!
Life & Wellness Coach, Weight Loss Expert
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Facebook/ a KICK in the TUSH CLUB
Become a Tushkateer! A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print, and you are automatically a Tushkateer! How cool is that?