Need a lift? Down a Stuffed Mushroom! Studies have shown that those of us those who suffer from depression tend to have low levels of folate.
Spinach and other dark green leafy vegetables are some of the best natural sources of folate, which is why your favorite Dysfunctional Chef is about to share one of her best side dish recipes that looks like and tastes like sheer decadence with a powerful Popeye spinach punch!
GET HAPPY: SPINACH STUFFED MUSHROOMS – For your Holiday Recipe File!
- 4 large mushrooms, stems removed
- 3 shallots, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 ounces creamy blue cheese, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Ground pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the mushrooms in a baking dish, gill-side up.
- Fry shallots in oil for 2 or 3 minutes, then add spinach and toss until it wilts (about 2 or 3 minutes).
- Stir in the blue cheese and watch it melt.
- Add the breadcrumbs, then season with pepper.
- Spoon the mixture onto the mushroom caps, then put the baking dish back into the oven until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is golden.
Spread the word…NOT the icing!
Life & Wellness Coach, Weight Loss Expert
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Facebook/ a KICK in the TUSH CLUB
Become a Tushkateer! A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print, and you are automatically a Tushkateer! How cool is that?