OMG Tushkateers! Of all days for my Internet connection to crash – on Kick in the Tush Tuesday – but that’s what happened yesterday and that’s where I was … in the Land of Lost Internet Connections! So, your weekly kick in the tush is a day late, but definitely not a dollar short (as the saying goes)!
It is action-packed, oozing with good cheer, inspiration and motivation!
And speaking of motivation … members of a KICK in the TUSH Club / Facebook were wondering “where does motivation go?” After all, who amongst us hasn’t been gung-ho motivated, singing the happy inspiration song, and then seemingly out of nowhere our fizzle goes limp; leaving us with no snap, crackle or pop?
Here follows 6 simple steps to reenergize your commitment to yourself, to re-motivation … so that you never, never, never, never give up!
6 SIMPLE STEPS to … NEVER GIVING UP!!!
1. What’s Your Motive; Your Reason(s) to Act? Before you can be motivated, you need to get clear on your motives, your reasons to act.
Ask yourself, “What will losing weight give me that I would not otherwise have?” Hint: These reasons, these motives have all to do with you and nothing to do with other people.
In other words, if you say that losing weight will mysteriously manifest the partner of your dreams or the best job ever, scratch it off your list. This happening is strictly for and about you.
What are your reasons to act? Are you excited to get going? If not excited, revisit your reasons.
2. Set a Non-Number Goal: Instead of declaring that your goal is to lose 30 pounds by Christmas (good luck on that one!), how about saying,
“My goal is to eat 5 to 9 servings of fruits and vegetables per day.”
“My goal is to walk for a minimum of 15 minutes per day.”
“My goal is to de-clutter my office for a minimum of 10 minutes per day.”
“My goal is to lose enough weight to find my waist!”
What goals have you set for yourself that are doable? Are they measurable? To whom are you accountable (other than yourself)?
3. Circle of Support: Support systems are a vital part of our lives and permanent weight loss efforts. Your ‘Circle of Support’ can include family members, friends, mental health professionals, health care providers, co-workers, teachers, leaders; basically people you can trust, who can help you, to whom you can go for counsel.
Who is in your Circle of Support? Feel free to join Our Lady of Weight Loss’s KICK in the TUSH Club / Facebook !
4. Action: Now that you have defined your reasons to let go of your excess weight (in all permutations … from body weight to mental clutter), you have set goals that are without question reasonable and doable, and you have created a Circle of Support overflowing with positive people, you are ready to take action!
Permanently letting go of your excess weight is an action-oriented process. Actions such as stocking your house with the right foods, removing all the trigger foods, preparing your meals, etc.
Make a list of the actions you need to take to reach your goals!
“Buy fruits and vegetables.”
“Clean out fridge and pantry of trigger foods.”
“Listen to my 2-minute meditations* that my coach, Janice Taylor, created just for me.”
“Create a vision board.”
Now ask yourself, “When will I take these actions?” Get your calendar out and schedule your actions. Chances are that they won’t happen if you do not schedule them!
5. Fall Down 7 Times, Get Up 8: If you fall off the weight loss wagon, get up, dust yourself off, and ask yourself, “What knocked my goal out of sight?”
“I had a ridiculously busy two days at work and lost sight of everything.”
“I had a cold and it knocked me on my tush.”
“I broke up with my boyfriend and my mind went haywire.”
What knocked you down, what knocked your goals out of sight is in the past now. Re-energize, re-commit, reread your notes from points 1-4. Voila, you are re-motivated!
6. Motivation Is a Daily Happening: You don’t wake up in the morning and say, “Gee, I washed yesterday; do I really need to again?” Motivate daily by reading inspiring quotes, positive passages from your favorite books, remembering your goals, your motives, and by reaching out to others! Listening to Janice’s 2-minute meditations*!
*Janice’s two-minute meditations are hypnotic meditations/visualizations that Janice creates specifically for her clients. For more information on Janice’s customized programs, write Janice!
How will you motivate yourself daily?
More motivation to come !!!
Spread the word … not the icing!
Life & Wellness Coach, Author, Weight Loss Artist
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Facebook/ a KICK in the TUSH CLUB
Become a Tushkateer! A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print, and you are automatically a Tushkateer! How cool is that?