Here, a simple Breathing Meditation from Our Lady of Om.
Are you ready to let go of stress? Are you ready to calm your mind and develop inner peace? Good! Let’s breathe …
In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few. ~ Shunryu Suzuki
1. Quiet. Our first step toward inner peace is to find a quiet place to meditate; a quiet and calm space to sit. It need not be a grand space, or a simple place; it need not be large space, nor does it need to be small. It just needs to be a quiet space or place for you to sit.
2. Sit. You can sit in the traditional cross-legged posture or in any other position that suits you. You can sit in a chair, if you like.
3. Straight Back. However and wherever you choose to sit, do keep your back straight, as it helps to prevent the mind from becoming sluggish and sleepy.
4. Eyes. Sit with your eyes closed or partially closed. If partially closed, allow your vision to soften. Turn your attention to your breathing.
5. Breathe. Naturally, preferably through the nostrils.
6. Become Aware of the sensation as the breath enters and leaves your nostrils.
7. The Object of this meditation is this sensation.
8. Resist. Your mind will spin thoughts and tempt you to follow these thoughts. Resist the temptation; shift your awareness back to your breath.
9. Repeat as many times as necessary. Keep bringing your awareness back to your breath.
10. Be Patient. Gradually the thoughts will subside and you will begin to experience inner peace and relaxation.
Weight Loss Wisdom: When calm, relaxed and focused on your breathing, you are ‘away’ from and letting go of that which causes you to eat and gain.
Spread the word … not the icing!
Life & Wellness Coach, Author, Weight Loss Artist
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Facebook/ a KICK in the TUSH CLUB
Become a Tushkateer! A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print, and you are automatically a Tushkateer! How cool is that?