|TURN A DEAF EAR TO CAKE|
Many of my clients tell me that they feel as if they are entitled to a treat after a long, hard day at work or a complicated day at home. “I deserve to have a piece of cake.”
The truth is that you deserve way more than a slice of cake, (no, I am not inferring that you deserve the entire cake!). Cake only lasts for a short second and then it turns on a dime (or a crumb) into a self-deprecating rant.
You deserve to have what you really, really want, which I believe is to feel at peace, to love and accept yourself, to be free of any and all self-deprecating and self-sabotaging thoughts. Letting go of the negativity will lighten your load, for sure!
1. Curl up in the corner and read that book that you’ve had your eye on (oh, could it be Our Lady of Weight Loss . . . Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal???)
2. Download your favorite i-Tune for only $1.29 or so … a cheap thrill!
3. Order groceries on-line, with your feet up. (A weigh-safer way to shop, even if you are hungry).
4. Go for a ride on a motorcycle (wear a helmet, please!. Another thrill ride if ever there was one!
5. Send the laundry out – let someone else fold the towels. Good idea, right?
6. String a hammock in your back yard and swing baby, swing. Ahhhh!
7. Get a manicure and a 10-minute massage! Make that a 15 minute massage. If you usually get a plain Jane color, go bold – if you usually go bold, tone it down.
8. Go to the movies, alone. This way you don’t have to be concerned whether your friend/mate/spouse likes it or not.
9. Take a walk on a hiking trail or in a park, or around your neighborhood. Walking instead of driving about will give you a different perspective on life!
10. Take in deep cleansing breaths. Don’t underestimate breathing. It’s an amazing thing!
11. Rent a convertible and go for a joy ride. Blast the radio or your favorite CD while toolin’ around the country side.
12. Go mehndi. Mehndi is the Indian word for Henna. Henna is a beautiful and natural plant product that stains the skin a reddish brown color. When applied properly and in intricate designs you have a natural and temporary “tattoo” that gradually fades away as the skin regenerates.
13. Dye your hair a new color – or brighten up your highlights.
You get the point, yes? What’s your reward for a hard day and/or night???
Spread the word … not the icing!
Life & Wellness Coach, Author
Self-Help / Weight Loss Artist
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Facebook/ a KICK in the TUSH CLUB
Become a Tushkateer!
A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print, and you are automatically a Tushkateer! How cool is that?