You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? ~ Rumi
TUSHKATEERS!!! Greetings to YOU, one n’ all!!!!
Are you ready for yet another fabulous August day!!! Are you ready to spread your wings and fly through the summer skies (vs. crawling through the heat of summer)? Isn’t the above Rumi quote amazing? Isn’t Rumi amazing!
This past weekend, we visited with friends in our building (building friends are great, for many reasons, two of which are: (1) there’s no real travel time; and (2) you can visit each other in pj’s and slippers) and together, we watched the documentary, “I AM.” (I posted the promo for this on my facebook page, if you’re interested in watching!)
Rumi, a 13th Century Persian, Muslim poet, jurist, theologian and Sufi mystic was quoted a number of times throughout the film, each quote more beautiful and meaningful than the next, which is why this week’s Quotes to Live by is overflowing with Rumi! (see your fully loaded KITT Club e-letter)
Another Rumi favorite …
This being human is a guesthouse. Every morning is a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor…Welcome and entertain them all. Treat each guest honorably. The dark thought, the shame, the malice; meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
which brings me to the Chewing the Fat section of today’s KICK; an email from “Mary in Trouble” … who says “Every single morning … “
CHEWING THE FAT:
Dear OLofWL ~ Every single morning, I look myself in the mirror and I say, “You are NOT waiting until tomorrow! You are getting into gear right now, for the entire day; morning till night and that’s it!”
And it works (sort of) …
… I automatically shift into ‘healthy eating mode / happy lifestyle existence’ and amazingly enough; I pack my lunch as well as lots of healthy treats to munch on throughout the day. I am almost whistling, I’m so happy and on point, but then…
… The sun sets. Nighttime comes and I am deep sixed by whatever. Could be ‘real’ obstacles, helter-skelter thoughts, who knows. But that’s the end of that and I head straight to the fridge and the pantry and empty the contents of same down the hatch.
Please, I am begging you. I’m going to lose my mind. Give me the biggest most illuminating kick in the tush ever! Desperate for a painful kick ~ Mary in Trouble
Dear Mary in Trouble ~ Thank you for your very real, honest and funny email. (Dare I say it – but you did make me smile, which is always a good thing; meant to be a compliment.) I am positive (100%) that your plight is shared by many. After all, how many of us do ‘well’ all day long BUT and that’s a big BUTT, are led astray, lose focus, and give up by nightfall? Answer: Too many of us!!!
Here follows 4 TIPS: How to Stick To It … Day AND Night , which will hopefully be a strong and enlightening enough Kick in the Tush to get your into full fly mode! or – 4 Tips … How to Spread Your Wings and FLY!
1. LISTEN!!! Yes, first and foremost listen to the words and information that you are feeding to both your conscious and unconscious mind!!! You have basically instructed yourself to “get into gear right now, for the entire day, morning till night and that’s it!”
Do you hear the directive? You’ve told yourself to gear up until nightfall … and that’s it! You are (your unconscious mind is) simply following ‘orders.’ Come night, it’s over! Try providing a new directive, a positive affirmation or mantra that takes you past night fall and into your compelling future: “I am committed to creating and living a healthy lifestyle in every way from this moment forward.” (No end in sight.)
2. OUTLINE IT!!! If you were to look at the words “creating and living a healthy lifestyle in every way,” you’d realize that your vision is vague at best. God is in the details! So … you’d best detail (and I mean detail in great detail) what a healthy lifestyle looks like to you, sounds like, smells like, feels like, and even tastes like. Provide both your conscious and unconscious mind, as well as your body-mind, with complete details.
3. REPEAT!!! How do we learn? Through repetition! It is vital that you take in your vision for healthy living on a cellular level, and the only way to do this is to repeat, repeat, repeat. There are many ways that you can do this:
- A) Write it out and read through your vision several times a day. Lest you forget and unconsciously go for the donut, so to speak.
- B) Record it and listen to it several times throughout the day.
- C) Create a Vision Board!!! Cut, paste and make a board that reflects your inner-vision. Lose yourself in your vision board. Work on it for way more hours than you’d imagined. Post it in a place that you can see it and frequently mindfully look at it throughout the day!
4. Seek Support!!! Work one-on-one with a Life & Wellness coach (or in a group) who supports your healthy living vision and who can help to ‘grow it.’ Or – join a group (like Kick in the Tush Club, on Facebook, too – for easy chatting) who can do same.
Make sure that there are no defeatists or negative Nelly’s in your group. Energy – both positive and negative can and does have an effect on your thoughts, your feelings, your being!
I think that’s a good start; don’t you? A mighty kick in the tush? If you’ve got any questions, feel free to write me/us again, and keep us in your loop! As far as your concern about losing your mind. Not a bad idea. As Albert Einstein says, “You can’t solve a problem with the same mind that created it.” So, Mary in Trouble, lose your mind! 🙂
Remember, Our Lady of Weight Loss is with you every ounce of the weigh! ~ OLofWL
Join … A Kick in the Tush Club is on Facebook! Join and share in the conversation!
Spread the word … not the icing!
Life & Wellness Coach, Author
Self-Help / Weight Loss Artist
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-letter
join and chat: Facebook/ a KICK in the TUSH CLUB
Become a Tushkateer!
A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print, and you are automatically a Tushkateer! How cool is that?