1. It’s really hard to ‘mess it up.’
2. One-pot clean-up is a dream.
3. The chicken is tender, moist and guaranteed to fall off the bone!!!
- one whole chicken, organic, locally raised pastured chicken, anti-biotic free, free range … a la Food Inc.
(Guaranteed to never look at a chicken the same way!)
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsps Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Sweet Onions, chopped
- 8 Yellow Potatoes, small, whole!
- 1 bag of carrots (small carrots, already cleaned – easy to toss in)
- 1/2 cup organic chicken stock (from the cardboard box – always my favorite)
1. Combine spices in a small bowl.
2. Remove giblets from inside of chicken. (Seriously, the first time I roasted a chicken, I didn’t realize that there were hidden pieces, all wrapped inside. Dysfunction at its best!)
3. Rinse inside and outside of chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Rub the spice mixture on the chicken. Like you mean it. With delicious intent.
5. Place onions, potatoes and carrots in the bottom of your slow cooker.
6. Pour 1/2 cup organic chicken stock over onions, potatoes, and carrots, and then …
7. Place the rubbed chicken atop.
8. Toss a few onions on the inside of the chicken, while you are at it.
9. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until chicken is falling off the bone. Honestly, I don’t think you can overcook it. Another reason I adore my slow cooker!!!
A 5 YUM CHICKEN!!!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Life & Weight Loss Success Coach
wise * fun * utterly useful
FEED YOUR SOUL: Change Your WEIGHT!!! WORKSHOP
September 16 – 19, 212
ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY at HOLLYHOCK- SIGN UP NOW!!!!
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
join the Kick in the Tush Club
Become a Tushkateer!
Tushkateer* A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print, and you are automatically a Tushkateer! How cool is that?