Why? Blue food is rare in nature. Aside from blueberries and blue-purple potatoes, blue foods don’t exist in any significant quantity. There are no blue leafy vegetables or blue meats that I know of.
Back in the day, when man was out foraging for food, it became apparent – as people gasped for air, dropping dead on the spot - that blue, purple or black were ‘colors of warning’ of potentially deadly food. Therefore, we don’t have an automatic appetite response to blue food. We may even have a built-in primal avoidance.
So – paint your safe corner or room a cool color so that you can chill!
And test the theory on this 5 Yum, Delish – Blueberry Cobbler recipe. Not poisonous, but will one slice suffice? (Source: All Is Forgiven, Move On – a book that is chock-a-block with fat busting information, motivation, inspiration and 5 yum delish recipes!)
Servings: 6 Ingredients:
6 c fresh blueberries
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 c whole-wheat flour + extra for dusting surface
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking power
2 tsp butter
2 tbsp fat free sour cream
1/4 c skim milk
1. Preheat oven 400 F
2. Arrange blueberries in a 9 x 13 “ baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar and rosemary
3. In bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking powder
4. In another bowl, blend together the butter and sour cream. Add to flour mixture and stir in milk
5. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead dough until smooth. Roll out dough to 1/4 “ thickness.
6. Cut dough into 1” wipe strips and arrange on tope of blueberries at 1/4 “ intervals
7. Bake 30 minutes or until blueberries are bubbly and the dough is golden brown.
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Become a Tushkateer!
Tushkateer* A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print, and you are automatically a Tushkateer! How cool is that?