I stumbled upon a gaggle of “Healthy Living Quotes” that I found interesting. Not just because they were profound or struck a personal cord, but rather because the majority of them were said hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years ago, which gives pause for thought.
We have been ‘trying’ to eat healthfully, exercise and be happy for how many years? When will we learn? Will we ever get it ‘right?’
Here follow 10 Timeless Healthy Living Quotes … From Buddha (500 BC) to Persius (50 AD).
- To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. ~ Buddha, 563 BC to 483 BC
- Life is not merely being alive, but being well. ~ Marcus Valerius Martialis, 40 AD – 103 AD
- Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness. ~ Edward Smith-Stanley, 1752-1834
- A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~ Paul Dudley White, 1886 – 1973
- The body is like a piano, and happiness is like music. It is needful to have the instrument in good order. ~ Henry Ward Beecher, 1813 – 1887
- The groundwork of all happiness is health. ~ James Leigh Hunt, 1784 – 1859
- Without health, life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering. ~ Francois Rabelais, 1494 – 1553
- A healthy body is a guest-chamber for the soul; a sick body is a prison. ~ Francis Bacon, 1561 – 1626
- You pray for good health and a body that will be strong in old age. Good — but your rich foods block the gods’ answer and tie Jupiter’s hands. ~ Persius, 34 AD – 62 AD
- Health and intellect are the two blessings of life. ~ Menander, 342 – 291 BC
Kick in the Tush Club.
For more thought provoking quotes, weight loss fun, righteous recipes and more … join the
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
Become a Tushkateer!
Tushkateer* A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print, and you are automatically a Tushkateer! How cool is that?