Our Lady of Weight Loss and I had a meeting of the creative minds last night and decided that it would be fun (and useful) to take the following Thanksgiving quotes (our favorites), write them out on pretty strips of color paper, and sprinkle them across the Thanksgiving dinner table.
Not only do the quotes provide inspiration, but they serve as conversation pieces.
Should the conversation start to move into a prickly place, you can pick up the quote nearest you and read it aloud. Then say something pithy about the quote and ask others what they think. Enjoy!!!
Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 8 Best Thanksgiving Quotes
- Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it. ~ Ralph Marston
- Gratitude consists of being more aware of what you have, than what you don’t. ~ Unknown
- We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. ~ Cynthia Ozick
- What we’re really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving? ~ Erma Bombeck
- An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day. ~ Irv Kupcinet
- Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way. ~ Native American Saying
- Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don’t unravel. ~ Author Unknown
- The thing I’m most thankful for right now is elastic waistbands. ~ Author Unknown
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
For the best in wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
join the Kick in the Tush Club
Tushkateer* A Tushkateer is a person who receives Our Lady of Weight Loss’s newsletter, called the KICK in the TUSH CLUB!!! Sign up and receive her weekly e-newsletter with all the news that ‘fit’ to print!