Tomorrow’s unique confluence of dates, 11.11.11, is the talk of the town! Talk of the Universe, really! Here follow 11 interesting facts about 11.11.11.
11.11.11 is special because …
1. The day comes around once every 100 years.
2. 2 times on that day, the clock will strike 11:11:11.
3. November 11th is also Veterans Day in the United States in support of our military veterans. It is also celebrated as Armistice Day or Remembrance Day in other countries. On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Germans signed the Armistice that ended World War I.
4. The comet Elenin, as well as the planets Earth, Venus and Mercury are expected to be in alignment on 11.11.11, which – for some – is proof positive that the world is coming to an end!
5. On November 11, 1911 – the last time 11.11.11 circled about, 100 years ago – Kansas City was a lovely 76F in the morning, but by end of the day, the temperature had dropped to 11F. The temperatures dropped substantially in other states and the day is now known as the Great Blue Norther!
6. The number itself 11.11.11 is a classic example of Apophenia, which is the human need to see patterns even when events are essentially random.
7. If you were to multiply 111111 x 111111, you will see that the it equals 12345654321 – another interesting turn of numbers.
8. 11 is the first number which cannot be counted by a human who is using his or her eight fingers and two thumbs additively!
9. In Numerology, the number 11 is a Master (or Power) Number, as are all double digit numbers. However, the 11 represents rare and exceptional energy originating from outside your everyday reality. Therefore, 11.11.11 is a great day to tap into your intuition, artistic and inventive genius.
10. In Astrology, the 11th sign of the zodiac is Aquarius, which is associated with the 11th house. The astrological traits of Aquarius are attributed to humanitarianism, eccentricity, Intellectualism and Independence. Uranus is the ruling planet of Aquarius and brings with it a new way of looking at things. Uranus rules unexpected change, upheaval and revolution.
11. And finally, 11.11 is Corduroy Appreciation Day! Could it be celebrated on this day because 11/11 most resembles the lines of corduroy fabric?
Spread the word … NOT the icing!