This morning, while writing my cheery good morning note to Tushkateers across the land (see Kick in the Tush Club; you too can be a Tushkateer!), I included the following quote from Mark Twain, which I absolutely adore. I hope you will, too.
Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time. ~Mark Twain
I was so inspired by Mr. Twain’s quote that I researched hard and fast, gathering “Habit Quotes” that had Bust Fat written all over them, or at least in between the lines!
Here follow an additional 12 Quotes that will surely give pause for thought, enabling you to …
… Bust Your Bad Habits Contributing to Weight Gain
1. In any family, measles are less contagious than bad habits. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic’s Notebook, 1960
2. Habits are safer than rules; you don’t have to watch them. And you don’t have to keep them, either. They keep you. ~Frank Crane
3. The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful. ~Doug Henning
4. The unfortunate thing about this world is that good habits are so much easier to give up than bad ones. ~Somerset Maugham
5. Bad habits are easier to abandon today than tomorrow. ~Yiddish Proverb
6. Habits are at first cobwebs, then cables. ~Spanish Prover
7. The second half of a man’s life is made up of nothing but the habits he has acquired during the first half. ~Feodor Dostoevski
8. Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity. ~St. Augustine
9. The chains of habit are generally too small to be felt until they are too strong to be broken. ~Samuel Johnson
10. A habit is something you can do without thinking – which is why most of us have so many of them. ~Frank A. Clark
11. To fall into a habit is to begin to cease to be. ~Miguel de Unamuno, The Tragic Sense of Life
Which quote speaks to your habit? Are you ready to Bust It?
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
wise * fun * utterly useful
Janice Taylor’s KICK in the TUSH Club videos!
Subscribe and Receive – as they are HOT off the REEL!
For the best in wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
join the Kick in the Tush Club
Follow Janice on Twitter @OurLady