In honor of Cinco de Mayo, here are two (not one but two!!!) Kick Tush recipes from the Our Lady of Weight Loss kitchens! They are simple, easy, fast, delish … and perfect for your Cinco Celebration!
* 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
* 1 medium tomato, seeded chopped
* 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
* 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
* 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
* dash of salt
In medium sized bowl, combine corn, tomato, onion and peppers. Add cilantro and lime juice.
Salt to taste. Toss it! Stir it! Refrigerate it … until ready to serve.
Cinco de Mayo Scallops (Shrimp too … sure, why not?
* 1 pound sea scallops (if you would prefer shrimp, go for it. maybe a combo? woo hoo … go wild!)
* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
* 2 cups cooked basmati rice
* 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
* 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
* 1 tbsp jalapeno pepper, chopped
* Juice of one small lime
Lightly clean scallops, pat dry
In medium bowl, combine cumin, chili and black pepper.
Gently toss scallops in spice mix.
In large skillet, on medium, heat oil .
When oil is hot – and only when it’s hot – add scallops.
A quick 2 minutes per side, should do it!
Combine hot rice with chopped cilantro, diced tomato, and jalapeno.
Squeeze lime juice on, gently mix.
Artistically and with great panache, place shrimp on top of rice.
Serve with love! Enjoy!!!
And if you’ve got any kick tush Cinco de Mayo recipes, please post below!!!
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
wise * fun * utterly useful