Sometimes, when biting, tasting and licking other people’s foods, I have to stop myself and say to myself, “You might not be counting what you’re eating, but your body has a built-in calorie counter. Who are you foolin’?”
Seriously, who is foolin’ who? Are you foolin’ you?
Cause at the end of the day, whether we like it or not, Crumbs Count!
Our Lady of Weight Loss‘s Baker’s Dozen Who’s Foolin’ Who Compilation of Things We Say to Fool Ourselves
1. Crumbs don’t count.
2. Eating while standing up, doesn’t count.
3. It’s only one bite.
4. I won’t eat the whole thing.
5. Just this one time.
6. I deserve it.
7. It’s a celebration.
8. I don’t want to hurt my mother’s (my sister, my friend, my boss’s) feelings.
9. Samples at the supermarket are unexpected. Surprise!!
10. Licking doesn’t count.
11. It’s free.
12. They’re eating it.
13. Life’s short.
These ‘thoughts’ might not hold much power on the page in this moment, but when you are of the mind to eat something, they may seem perfectly rational.
There is an infinite assortment of circumstances in which we encourage ourselves to tell little white lies in the Land of Weight Loss (note I did not say Permanent Fat Removal; because there is no need to lie to oneself in the Land of PFR).
In the face of food, fooling oneself, lying to oneself may seem easier, but in the end you are planting seeds of unhappiness, guilt, and well – fat cells! Fat cells in your mind as well as your body.
What to do? Try this exercise in awareness. Tell the truth! Carry a little notebook with you and write out all your little white lies without judgment.
Then ‘leave’ one of your white lines in the comment section below or in the Kick in the Tush Club community! It will be deposited in Our Lady of Weight Loss’s White Lie Bank. For every 3,500 white food lies deposited, you will permanently remove a pound!
For more ‘Stay Fat’ wisdom, click through: FAT LOVES VAGUE. BE VAGUE, very vague!!!
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best in wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
join the Kick in the Tush Club
Follow Janice Taylor on Twitter: www.twitter.com/OurLady
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Jean Nidetch, founder Weight Watchers, Dies at 91
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Showing Up Matters!
- Puzzled? How to Wear a Tomato
- #OneWord Thursday: #Sunrise – Wake Up Already!!!
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: 4 Simple Steps to a Less Problematic Life
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 5 Ways to End Worry
- To Sum You Up 420 : 70% beautiful, 75% naughty, 80% sweet, 95% sweet, 100 % lovely
- #OneWord : 8 Quotes Guaranteed to Bring a Tear to the Eye!
- Coach Yourself Thinnish: Is Your Solar Plexus Singing the Fat Blues?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: #Stop-Stopping