Dig it! Scientists recently found that sweetened, caffeinated coffee not only gives you an energy boost to prepare you for your busy day, but it can also help you to remember by boosting cognitive performance.
The golden, sugary, yum delicious nugget of this research showed that when caffeine and sugar are taken together, they help boost the brain’s performance, as compared when they are ingested separately.
The research was conducted at the University of Barcelona, Spain, and it included conducting brain scans of 40 volunteers. The volunteers were tested after they consumed coffee with sugar, coffee without sugar, just plain sugar and just plain water.
The findings showed that when these two substances – caffeine and sugar – when taken together, improved brain performance. The combo increased the efficiency of two regions of the brain; regions that are responsible for sustained attention and working memory.
(Source: journal of Human Psycho-pharmacology: Clinical and Experimental)
While this may be exciting for us caffeine and sugar lovers, remember – there are 16 calories per teaspoon of sugar. This ‘news’ by no means gives license to over-indulging and creating a sugar high.
Nevertheless, I am going to purposefully enjoy my teaspoon of sugar soaked in coffee this morning.
More Coffee News:
Coffee and Aspirin Cure
Fast Weight Loss and Coffee!!!
Spread the word … NOT the icing,
wise * fun * utterly useful
For the best in wellness and weight loss wisdom, visit Janice:
Our Lady of Weight Loss
join the Kick in the Tush Club
Follow Janice Taylor on Twitter: www.twitter.com/OurLady
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- #OneWord Thursday: 9 Simple But Not Easy Quotes to Chew On This Holiday Season
- Chewing the Fat: What’s Your Worst Thing Ever?
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 2015 – Manifesting Your Dreams
- Click Yourself Thin: Happy and Delicious Weight Loss
- Cooking Up a Healthy Storm: Christmas Carrot Risotto
- #OneWord Thursday: An Invitation to Lower Your #Expectations
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Out of Control? You are not alone…
- Holiday Puzzle? Happiness Served Up Simple and Plentiful
- #OneWord Thursday: #Holiday Quotes – Blessed Is the Season
- How Can You Recharge Your Tired Self During the Holiday Season?